Peavey Vypyr X3 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Lissitzky

Peavey Vypyr X3 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Post by Lissitzky » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:54 am

I ordered the Peavey Vypyr X3 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp from guitar center but I don't see any information on the peavey website or any software updates for this amp.

6/10/2021 edit: Just found out that the sales person at Guitar Center didn't tell me this amp was a pre-order new item so I think that's why there's no info on the peavey site it's not available until January

JamesPaul

Re: Peavey Vypyr X3 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:55 pm

This is interesting. It appears to be an updated VIP 3. A redesigned cabinet, an iOS application, Bluetooth communication, probably firmware improvements and whatever else I have missed.

It also appears Peavey is updating the VIP 1 & VIP 2. Although the 2 & 3 seem to have gotten more of the updated features.

After you get it, I would be interested in your thoughts. I still use my VIP 3, but have an Android instead of an iPhone. That probably means the redesigned cabinet would have to sound amazing and the Bluetooth would have to offer something relatively impressive, for me to get an X3. But Peavey may add more features before they ship, so one never knows.

I was hoping Peavey would do a floor processor based on the Vypyr to compete with the Helix and similar products.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.