Set VIP1 Levels between Clean/Crunch/ Lead

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Steve-CC

Set VIP1 Levels between Clean/Crunch/ Lead

Post by Steve-CC » Sat May 15, 2021 3:52 pm

For VIP1 - Here is the scenario:
Amp is on - Hit Preset Bank A - Number One/Red - Programmed Amp comes up as Stomp-ByPass / Amp Twin-Clean - All good so far - everything is set per the preset - Pre/Lo/Mid/High/Post.

Now the problem - I press the Amp button once and switch it to Crunch, great but - It is louder than I want.

So - Is there any way to program the VIP1 so that settings are the way I want when I make this switch to Crunch and/or Lead?
Any way to make the VIP1 memorize the PreGain, EQ and Post Gain the way I want it?

Hope that is clear.

JamesPaul

Re: Set VIP1 Levels between Clean/Crunch/ Lead

Post by JamesPaul » Tue May 18, 2021 9:06 pm

Welcome to the forum.

You are most likely going to have to save them in two adjacent presets. For example, dial in the Clean tone you want and save it to Bank A - Preset 1, then dial in the Crunch tone you want and save it to Bank A - Preset 2. When you are ready to switch from Clean to Crunch, change from Bank A - Preset 1 to Bank A - Preset 2.

I use this approach with my Vypyr 75 and my VIP 3. This way it is easier to access them from my Sanpera II. I know this is also easier to adopt on my amps as there are more preset locations accessible via the San II. I have a couple banks each filled with variations on the Butcher, Classic and Triple XXX.

These instructions from the Owner's Manual Extras should come in handy for making minor changes to controls.

6. Saving Presets on VIP 1 and VIP 2
To save changes to the current preset over a different preset, press and hold its bank button until its LED begins to blink. The LEDs for any other banks in which the preset can be saved will also blink. Select the bank to save in by tapping the desired bank button - it will continue to blink but the other bank LEDs will turn off. If the bank LED is not the color of the desired preset to overwrite, tap the bank LED again until the color matches the desired preset number. To complete the save, press and hold the bank button until the LED stops blinking. Pressing the Tap Tempo button cancels the save.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.