Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 Problems - Need Help

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Eddie21445

Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 Problems - Need Help

Post by Eddie21445 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Hello. I recently got the Vypyr vip 3 amp. I play metal mostly and I've been using the 6505 and 6534+ amp models. Here is whats going on for me. When I use the 6534+ amp every time I hit a note, a chord, an open string and then mute it, I get a whoosh sound following it. The woosh sound lasts for about 1-2 seconds. The amp does not seem to do this on any other setting or amp model. I've made sure there is no reverb, no delay, nothing going on that could cause this. I even run a noise gate pedal and I set the pedal to clamp down fast and even with the pedal clamped down the woosh sound is still presant. I've tried every adjustment I could think of with tone, gain, power sponge, pre gain post gain and nothing stops the annoying woosh sound. You hit a string then mute, then a 1-2 WOOOOOOSSSHHHH sound! Does anybody know whats going on? Why it's doing this and how to stop it? I really like this amp all except for this. Thanks.

JamesPaul

Re: Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 Problems - Need Help

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:18 pm

If you create a new 6534+ preset using a different bank, does the new preset exhibit the 1-2 second whoosh?
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Eddie21445

Post by Eddie21445 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:51 pm

JamesPaul wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:18 pm
If you create a new 6534+ preset using a different bank, does the new preset exhibit the 1-2 second whoosh?
Yes. It still does the 1-2 second whoosh sound when I make a new preset. I thought it was just the 6534 but I noticed it also does this with the 6505 amp model. Whats strange is it comes and goes. If you hit a note, just an open E string then mute, immeatly following is a 1-2 whoosh, sizzel fuuuuzzzzz, sound, but about ever 10-12 times you try this it will be silent, just like an amp with no reverb, no delay no nothing is supposed to do. It almost seems like the noise gate is actually working that once in awhile when it acts right but not working the other times. I tried making all new presets with nothing, no delay, no reverb, no pedals and it still does it all except for that once in a blue moon it will go silent right after I mute. Very strange. what's wrong with it? Should I just send it back? Im not liking this at all. It's very bothersome and annoying.

WrldEatr9

Post by WrldEatr9 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Yeah, that's the noise gate. Since the 6505 and 6534 are so high gain, the noise gate is more aggressive. It could be made worse perhaps if you've got electro-magnetic interference. Have you tried the orange channels of those amps or lower the gain significantly?