Vypyr VIP3 Couple of questions

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
sctysct

Vypyr VIP3 Couple of questions

Post by sctysct » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:27 am

Hello all,
I just purchased a Vypyr VIP3 12-100 and want to know how to find out what generation it is so I can check or download the latest updates. I figure there is a way that the Amp can tell you but IDK. Also, can I connect the Amp to my laptop VIA usb or does it require MIDI interface? I've been having issues. Is there a detailed video somewhere on how to do all of this from start to finish? If there is, I cannot find it. Thank you in advance!

WrldEatr9

Re: Vypyr VIP3 Couple of questions

Post by WrldEatr9 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:34 pm

Strictly speaking there's only one generation of VIPs. The older ones where just called Vypyr followed by the wattage I believe. Or perhaps they consider them the second generation overall of Vypyrs. But if it says first generation or old generation, it's not for your amp.

I don't know about a video, but the manual is very useful since those amps have a bunch of features. In addition, do a search for "VIP operational features" which is a document that mentions some additional important stuff that for some reason isn't in the manual. In that document it says "...in VIP3 since the software version appears on the VIP3 front panel display during power-up." Also check out the "Vypyr VIP Tips/Tricks/FAQ" thread here.

sctysct

Re: Vypyr VIP3 Couple of questions

Post by sctysct » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:02 am

Thank you! This helped some. I'm still having issues with installing the firmware but I'll figure it out. Thanks again.