Vypyr Pro

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Toddantho

Vypyr Pro

Post by Toddantho » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 am

Just ordered a Vypro .. Is anyone still on here ?
I read a lot of posts before buying , so thanks for the help in advance of my purchase . It does seem like the VIP is still making the rounds at GC, etc But, evidently the VyPro is out of production? I still bought it , cuz of the connectivity, and the upgrades from the VIP. Looking forward to learning more about it and actually playing through it!

Toddantho

Re: Vypyr Pro

Post by Toddantho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm

I like the amp , I think some people may have given up on it to soon ..
I am coming from a Tonelab SE with two expression pedals ( which I still Love !) , and I needed at the very least a back up for when the Tonelab dies . Having played the amp , it has the potential to replace that system. I was playing the Tonelab Thru a Mesa Boogie Mark IV , and more recently a Fender Keyboard amp .
I can get a good sound out of the Vypyr Pro . Whether I would play out with it remains to be seen. I was also using a Marshall Valvestate 8240 Chorus , which I really liked for years .
This amp could be a nice modern alternative , hopefully with years of service ahead ..