Vypyr 75 feedback problems ?.

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
jackyjoy123

Vypyr 75 feedback problems ?.

Post by jackyjoy123 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:15 am

Hello,

I'm having terrible feedback issues with my 75 watt Vypyr. Clean channels are good, no problem whatsoever, its the distorted that it are really giving me a headache. I've tried every amp/stompbox combo, and its still there..even when I turn the pregain down to nearly 0. I found the thread on settings everyone is using, and tried several of the ones people are using for various metallica sounds (I play mostly metal). I saved some of my own settings and they sound good when I'm playing, its just when I stop for a minute to look at lessons, etc. The feedback gets so loud and high pitched that every time I stop I have to turn the volume down on my guitar to be able to concentrate on anything. I've read where people have this issue at high volumes but I haven't even turned the amp up past 3 yet. I have noticed that when I play with my headphones in the feedback is SIGNIFICANTLY lower, but its still there. The only other way I can get it to stop is to literally hold my hands down on the strings (I know strings aren't necessarily connected to feedback, so maybe this is something else?)

Does anyone have any tips for reducing this? I just got this amp in the day before yesterday and I'm kinda bummed. For the record, I'm using a Jackson Dk2 with Seymour Duncan TB4 Humbuckers.

thanks
alexsunny

rogue777

Re: Vypyr 75 feedback problems ?.

Post by rogue777 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:39 pm

Sounds like you have too much signal output from the guitar with those pickups.
I wonder if you lower the guitar pickups alot, maybe it will help.