Vypyr Pro firmware update

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
dmheath

Vypyr Pro firmware update

Post by dmheath » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:43 am

Has anyone updated the firmware on their pro 100? I just purchased mine used and it is in pristine condition, so i got a good deal on it. But, I wanted to connect the Vypyr Edit program to mess around with presets and all I get is a "script error". So, I figured I would update the firmware since it is at 1.32 and the latest is 1.37. I still don't understand why it won't connect to Edit, but I figured it's worth a try.

So, now I'm frustrated because there literally is no information anywhere on how to update it. The manual for this thing is useless. The only mention of firmware anywhere is with the USB port. I found the update menu selection in the main menu. But, again, no explanation on how to upload the new firmware to it. Peavey's software site doesn't have an updater specifically for the Pro. Directly under the Pro model is only the latest firmware. The VIP models has everything under it. I was tempted to try the VIP updater but I certainly don't want to brick it since I'm probably just going to sell it. I'm not happy with the tone of it as compared to my Vypyr 30 and my Marshall rig. But, I will save that for another thread. Maybe I don't have some settings correct at this point.

In any case, if someone can lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Dave

dmheath

Re: Vypyr Pro firmware update

Post by dmheath » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:52 pm

Okay I did manage to update the firmware. I found the instruction in the Vypyr Pro tips sticks. Im not sure how I missed that. Ive read through there more than once. Although, it should be added that you need to go into the main menu and switch it to “update” otherwise it doesnt work.

But, it still doesnt work with the edit app. So Im going to assume its not meant to. I thought I had read somewhere that it could. So no external interface? For onesy twosy from the front panel is fine. I prefer a pc app myself.

Dave

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:14 am

dmheath wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:52 pm
Okay I did manage to update the firmware. I found the instruction in the Vypyr Pro tips sticks. Im not sure how I missed that. Ive read through there more than once. Although, it should be added that you need to go into the main menu and switch it to “update” otherwise it doesnt work.

But, it still doesnt work with the edit app. So Im going to assume its not meant to. I thought I had read somewhere that it could. So no external interface? For onesy twosy from the front panel is fine. I prefer a pc app myself.
Dave
Here is the Edit app for the Pro, It is the on line ver.

https://vypyredit.peavey.com/
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Toddantho

Post by Toddantho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:59 pm

So , even though they tell us in the O manual that we can use USB to update firmware , we would need to use the MIDI , and have a MIDI to USB cable? I personally haven’t ran into any issues with my VyPro yet , so I won’t bother to update the firmware , unless needed. I think they gave up on this amp too quick ! It’s still alive out there and worth the price difference from the VIP 3 , IMO. I wish we could still share presets.