Vypyr 3 - issues with Vypyr edit

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
FrancescoM

Vypyr 3 - issues with Vypyr edit

Post by FrancescoM » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:52 am

Hi guys, I really hope you can help me :)
I am sorry if this topic has already been discussed in the forum, but I was not able to find the post.
I just got a Vypyr 3 and tried to use the Vypyr Edit software, but after connecting the amp to my windows pc, the app (Vypyr_Edit_1_0) does not seem to work properly.
I am using a standard USB A-B cable (this one - https://www.alza.cz/alzapower-linkcore- ... ldEALw_wcB).

Firmware of the amp is version 1.61.
I tried to update the firmware using the Vypyr_VIP_Updater3_01 with firmware 1.62 but, after several attempts, I gave up because it would not work: I receive the notification that the firmware has been updated but, as soon as I turn on the amp, it still shows version 1.61 in the screen.
Moreover, I do not receive any notification to update the firmware when I launch the program.

I turn on the amp, connect it to my windows pc, open the program, I select "Vypyr USB Interface" for MIDI In Port and Midi Out Port, but nothing seems to work.

The sections instrument, stompbox, amp, effect etc do not let me change anything. It is almost as if my amp is not connected 😞
Please find below a screenshot of what I can see:

https://ibb.co/fQQyR3Q

I also tried to select for Midi Out Port "Microsoft GS Wavetable Syr" but nothing changes.

Could you please help me? I am starting to be desperate 🤣
Thank you in advance

FrancescoM

Re: Vypyr 3 - issues with Vypyr edit

Post by FrancescoM » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:11 pm

SOLVED: apparently my pc couldn't connect properly with the amp. :?
I used another windows pc, updated the firmware, and the Vypyr Edit is now working properly.
I already saved some presets in my amp and they work fine.
Btw, is there a page where Vypyr 3 users can share and download presets?