SIP and the TUBE 60

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
dalrymple

SIP and the TUBE 60

Post by dalrymple » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:20 am

So we've been under house arrest for about 3 weeks now, and I have been doing woodworking and other stuff to keep busy while we Shelter in place. Yesterday I felt like really playing for the first time since it staqrted, and I plugged into the Tube 60 with a P-90 hybrid Jazzmaster I have. Put on the music LOUD with my garage door open having heard sonic waves will kill the virus and most other living things within a 50 ft radius.

AC/DC, Zep, Stones, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Allman Bros., etc. Classic Rock, and I was rockin' it. That amp is the best combo I have ever owned, and I have owned nearly EVERYTHING at one time or another. I worked at GC for a couple of years and got to play those I didnt own as well. NOTHING ELSE makes me as happy when I push it thru its paces. It DELIVERS the tone I love with those big KT66 power tubes, and the modeling pre amp just has the right stuff to my ear. I wore it out for about 40 min, and walked away laughing out loud. That is how we survive this BS. Play, Smile, Play some more.
Dalrymple

A new song I wrote 18 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLYNXda ... e=youtu.be

JamesPaul

Re: SIP and the TUBE 60

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:04 am

That one is rockin'!!! Thanks for posting it! Playing and vocals always impress me as I am not much of a singer. I am loving the color of that guitar. What is the scoop on it?

Good that you are back to playing during the SIP. I have been under the SIP for about as long. I had pre-ordered a couple new Fenders announced at Winter NAMM. I have been playing those in my extra time and enjoying them!
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

bgh

Post by bgh » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Very enjoyable song. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it.
Lefty guitars: Gibson SG standard (1977)•Gibson LP custom (1979)
Amps : Mesa Boogie Mark IV•Mesa Nomad 45•Mesa TA-30•Vypyr tube 60+Sanpera I
Other: Effectrode Blackbird•Kingsley Jester•AMT SS11-a•Weehbo JCM Ltd.•Zoom G5•J.Coloccia Big Cannoli

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Dean Palomino. Probably no longer made. Great guitar, korean made and KILLS with P-90 tone. Great For rockabilly.
PS; Not the guitar used to record the song!
Dalrymple

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:40 am