VIP 2 Sanpera II send command problem

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
steveb126

VIP 2 Sanpera II send command problem

Post by steveb126 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:53 pm

I bought a used VIP@ and Sanpera II, I already owned the exact same set up and like it so well I bought this one as an extra/back up. My Sanpera will not send a signal into the amp. I switched to my other pedal same problem. Both pedals work with my current amp. Did a factory reset and updated software. No change.

The sanpera will not change channels and expression pedals are inoperable. When I change settings on the amp controls (toggle tremolo on/off) the sanpera responds TREM in display window and the right expression pedal lights on/off. The sanpera will also indicate the correct 1 2 3 4 led light channel for the button and corresponding bank A1 A2 B1 B2 etc in the display window when changing it by using the amp controls, but no commands made on the pedal change the amp.

I'm guessing my first thing to check would be the midi jack pins on the amp then connections inside the amp for the jack ?

Help ???

steveb126

VIP2 Sanpera II problem

Post by steveb126 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:54 am

I own 2 vypyr vip 2 amps and 2 sanpera II footswitches. The older set up no longer sends selections on the footswitch to the amp. Neither pedals or channel selector toggles on sanpera do anything, stays frozen. Both footswitches and cables work perfect with my good amp. Using the settings on the amp the footswitch will respond with corresponding red led for channel and display window indicates A1-4, B1-4, C1-4 & D 1-4 correctly, turn tremolo on off the display window indicates correctly. So the amp works like it should but with only the 16 amp selection.

I have sent an email to Peavey customer support and cc repair and service. Could my problem be the small midi circuit board attached to the midi jack not sending to dsp board ? Is that part available ? Source ? Cost ?

Thanks,
Steve
Wooster,OH 44691

Digging Peavey since my brother and I bought our first quality guitars back in the early 80's T-60 natural and T-27 (frost ?) Blue

steveb126

Re: VIP 2 Sanpera II send command problem

Post by steveb126 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:56 pm

MIDI board fixed it !!
Peavey midi board.jpg
Peavey midi board.jpg (103.38 KiB) Viewed 5098 times

revwill

Post by revwill » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:11 pm

I'm interested in the details of how you fixed this, because I'm having the exact issue you described in the original post.

Did you repair or replace the MIDI board? How did you acquire a new one, if that's what you did? Was it difficult to fix?

steveb126

Post by steveb126 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:10 am

revwill wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:11 pm
I'm interested in the details of how you fixed this, because I'm having the exact issue you described in the original post.

Did you repair or replace the MIDI board? How did you acquire a new one, if that's what you did? Was it difficult to fix?
Replaced, ordered from Peavey parts. Removed the chassis from cabinet by removing back baffle board, unplug speaker, 4 screws on top, 4 screws holding the plastic peavey badge trim, then chassis slips out the front. 2 screws hold the plug/board to the chassis and 1 plug to the main board.

I thought replied to your questions but must not have been signed in ??? Good Luck ! My amp is still working great 100% took care of my problem.

James Arceneaux

Post by James Arceneaux » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 pm

Replaced midi board in amp and checked continuity of 8 pin chord to sanpera 2 from vypyr 3 and all checked out. Sanpera still not changing patches in amp with sanpera 2. I can manually change it with amp selector switches and it registers with sanpera just no control. Possibly midi board in sanpera 2 or something else in amp?