VYPYR VIP 3 & Sanpera II Changing Amp Channels - HELP!

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
jcolpean

VYPYR VIP 3 & Sanpera II Changing Amp Channels - HELP!

Post by jcolpean » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:52 am

I've had an on & off again love/hate relationship with this amp and lately I've been favoring it...until now or so I hope.

To me this seems like a very basic and extremely useful function I am attempting to accomplish.

I have the VIP3 and a Sanpera II pedal. Say you go to a preset...in this case let say spot 00-1...I think its called "Delta Slide" in the defaults. The amp mod selected (like all of them on this amp) has 3 channels...very useful now that Ive edited the dB output so the work together just as I like. I can play inside of spot 00-1 and press the middle "amplifier" button to cycle through these 3 channels...all which were intended by Peavey to be low/med/high outputs for that preset.

All good right? Wrong.
Now I go to play and look down at my Sanpera II....thinking that OF COURSE there is going to by 1 of the buttons assigned to cycle through the amp channel like the button does...some 12 feet away from me.

I really could care less about having 2 buttons on the San assigned to the looper function...

What am I missing here? Is this an oversight? How do we reassign the function to a button that never gets used?

Seems to me that this is basic. Sure I COULD create spot "00-1 LOW" "00-2MED" and "00-3HI" but that also has its downsides.

Somebody help me not fall back into hate with the designers of this...please! :)

fkchang

Re: VYPYR VIP 3 & Sanpera II Changing Amp Channels - HELP!

Post by fkchang » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:50 pm

I had the same question, with all the buttons on the sanpera II surely they would have an channel switch