I will keep this short...

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Exodus5656

I will keep this short...

Post by Exodus5656 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:40 pm

My sound issue on my VIP 3 has finally hit the final stages. As of 0345 this morning my amp went from slightly crunchy almost the way the preset should sound to a hard cut in volume with almost no distortion. I was substituting the built in tube screamer with mine in line to see if I could get the tone where it was when I bought the Amp and after playing for a couple hours, essentially adjusting EQ Hunting for that balance it once had I turned on the TBSC and the audio cut then when I removed it the distortion was wild while the volume was 75% or less of the actual settings. It appears that my Amp has reached the end. Without a reply from Peavey I have no clue what part number to order, if I can or what to troubleshoot at what voltage/resistance. If anyone can reach out for support or even condolences it would be appreciated.

Dano0369

Re: I will keep this short...

Post by Dano0369 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Hell-o Sir; purchase amp new? register the warranty? contact the store you purchased from? Good Luck :arrow:
Dano0369

Exodus5656

Post by Exodus5656 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Nope. Guy bought it and tried to get back into guitar, but didn’t have time so he posted it for sell. That was a year ago. Honestly a tech manual would suffice and then I could order the parts that are dead.

gitman

Post by gitman » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:41 am

these amps develop rotary encoder (pot) problems as they age, normally the LED s won't follow the knobs, mine did.
other symptoms may occur,
I fixed mine by dribbling some Deoxit down the pot shafts with the amp on it's back and turning the encoders
good luck