Vypyr Pro question

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
vypyr

Vypyr Pro question

Post by vypyr » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:51 am

I purchased a used Vypyr Pro 100 several weeks back. Great amp. Anyway, I noticed on the 1st generation Vypyr and the VIP series that when you turn the amp on it always goes to preset #1.

When I turn my Vypyr Pro on it goes to the last preset I was using before I turned it off. Is this normal? Doesn't really matter just something I noticed. I have demo mode disabled and I created a few of my own presets in the Bank A - B slots

Thanks.

Jsnstanley

Re: Vypyr Pro question

Post by Jsnstanley » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:56 am

Yes, Normal

vypyr

Post by vypyr » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks for the response, I assumed it was normal but wasn't sure. It's a great little amp I'm having fun with it. I ditched the VIP2 I had for the Vypyr Pro.

I still own a first generation Vypyr T120 combo that I bought used years ago and just today I was comparing the two side by side. I have to say I still prefer the sound of the T120, it's just a beast, it pushes air, has more bottom end and just sounds warmer. Both the Vypyr T120 and Pro sound better to my ears than the Katana series of amps I tried.

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:20 am

vypyr wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:17 pm
I have to say I still prefer the sound of the T120, it's just a beast, it pushes air, has more bottom end and just sounds warmer.
did you adjust the Resonance control on the Vypro?

vypyr

Post by vypyr » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:23 pm

I found the presence control but I didn't know there was a resonance control. How do I access that?

Edit: It's in the same edit mode as the presence control, lol. I had no idea I didn't even notice it and I just took a peak and there it is. I just increased the resonance for my Brit800 (jcm 800) patch, that was lacking bottom and I just fixed that, it made quite the difference. I also increased it for my Classic 50 patch. The 6505 and higher gain patches seem to be o.k..

I'll tell you one thing I figured out pretty quickly was the noise gate control, I backed that off a bit. That was the main drawback of the original series but my 120 isn't that bad with it but it still annoys me depending on what I'm playing and how much I roll off the volume on my guitar. I use the volume knob a lot on my guitar.

The more I mess with this amp the more I know I made the right decision and I what I got it for was a steal.

Thanks for telling me about the resonance control.

johnnytuinals

Post by johnnytuinals » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Bought my New Vypyr Pro for $350 from Sweetwater and bought the Peavey Sanpera Pro Vypyr Pro Dual Foot Controller $200 from Amazon a few years ago.
Both were great deals but have not used the Amp since I got it.
Maybe because I bought the
Darkstar Code150 or the Marshall CoreID100.
But then again I have not used any of the amps in a year lol...…...JT

barber76

Post by barber76 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:41 pm

johnnytuinals wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:52 pm
Bought my New Vypyr Pro for $350 from Sweetwater.
Wow, which kind of deal is this? This is VIP3 price, not PRO...

johnnytuinals

Post by johnnytuinals » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:36 pm

I agree but Sweetwater had a sale with Peavey for the Pro.
I was glad I got the pedal also and will have to start using them....JT

dadjuly

Post by dadjuly » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi all,

Still enjoying your Pros? I’ve just bought one and very impressed - absolute bargain and seem to be a hidden gem?

They sound damn good and a quality package.

Any tips for a newbie?

osama

Post by osama » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 pm

i also just got a vypyr pro and a sanpera pro - having a lot of fun with it but i can't figure out how to switch to the 3 different assignments for each of the expression pedals.
I also can't figure out how to change the volume parameters on the default volume pedal (mine goes 75-100 percent... i want 0-100 percent).

Also do i need to have certain presets to make the wah pedal work?

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:06 pm

osama wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 pm
i also just got a vypyr pro and a sanpera pro - having a lot of fun with it but i can't figure out how to switch to the 3 different assignments for each of the expression pedals.
I also can't figure out how to change the volume parameters on the default volume pedal (mine goes 75-100 percent... i want 0-100 percent).

I don't have a sanpera pro, but it sounds like your expression pedals need to be recalibrated. If it's anything like the sanpra 11 it needs a toe press on the right pedal to make the wah pedal work. Someone with a Pro will have to answer the first part of your question or tell you how to do a recalibration.
Last edited by wmjones on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:01 am

osama wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uWybl-O76k

Tinine

Post by Tinine » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pm

What's the deal with the Vypyr Pro? They are still selling them new, here in the UK but they seem to have disappeared from the Peavey site...not cool IMO.

Toddantho

Post by Toddantho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:52 pm

Strange really that they are still selling VIP series as of today , and have given up on the Vypyr Pro ! I love it , at least at the low volumes I have been able to play at.... I think they just put so much more into the VyPro , it needs to still be in their lineup . Were sales flat ? So much more built into it , I think it’s worth the price difference.

WrldEatr9

Post by WrldEatr9 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:30 pm

Right now even Vypyr VIPs are hard to come by. Sweetwater lists them discontinued. Folks elsewhere are already claiming that Peavey got out of the modelling amp business. So not sure what's going on. Stock of lots of products from China is low/non-existant. Hard to tell if this is covid/trade issue related or is Peavey indeed trimming down it's product line. It would be a shame, Vypyrs sound so good. And there was potential there for a Vypyr Pro floor unit, a smaller than VIP 1 Vypyr, a headphone Vypyr amp.