PLEASE HELP... VYPYR VIP 1 USB problem

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Frankenberry1977

PLEASE HELP... VYPYR VIP 1 USB problem

Post by Frankenberry1977 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:56 pm

I just bought a Vypyr VIP 1 a week or so ago. My entire reason for buying this particular amplifier was the USB out for recording on my computer. Now, according to the manual, and everything else I've seen, I should just be able to plug the usb cable up from the amp to the computer and it should be ready to go. The problem is... when I plug it up, nothing happens. I can go into the audio devices on the computer and/or my DAW (Tracktion 7) and the amplifier does not show up. It's like the computer/DAW doesn't recognize it. I also saw in the materials that when you plug up the USB cable, the external speaker should stop working because it puts the amp into headphones mode. The problem is... This doesn't happen either. When I plug up the USB cable, NOTHING happens. I really need help here. This is the only reason I bought this amplifier... and Im at a complete loss for what to do here.

willyjacksonjs22-7

Re: PLEASE HELP... VYPYR VIP 1 USB problem

Post by willyjacksonjs22-7 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:21 pm

Its not gonna work trust me i tried it. Might work with other daws. If you wanna record use the headphone output and connect to your interface. Use this type of cable
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Livewire/E ... gIzv_D_BwE

If u like the tone of the speaker, then mic the amp.