New Vypyr coming?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Kernel

New Vypyr coming?

Post by Kernel » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:27 pm

I reached the point approximately 2 months ago where I was ready to pull the trigger on a Pro 100, but noticed it and and Sanpera Pro have been out of stock on AMS for quite some time. I decided to check MF finally and find it's also out of stock there... and priced quite a bit LESS than AMS which I find strange. Could this be an indication of a new model coming?

Landshark

Re: New Vypyr coming?

Post by Landshark » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 am

More likely an indication they just quit making it. LOL

Kernel

Post by Kernel » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Hmm... multiple sites out now. Either still really hot, or yeah perhaps something is on the way.

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:03 pm

The answer is BANG, BAM, POW, TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT, BAM Gone with the fire works. Have a good 4th.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

broncobob

Post by broncobob » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:29 am

I just ordered one from zzounds.com, yesterday. Try there. Plus, they have a play as you pay program, which is awesome, no interest. I've bought a bunch of stuff there

Kernel

Post by Kernel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Yeah, saw they are starting to trickle back into stock at the various places, but the Sanpera Pro is now nowhere to be seen... still waiting for that to become available again before I pull the trigger.

Should have never sold my Vypyr Tube 60 :/

Allen

Post by Allen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Kernel wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:49 pm

I have a hard time letting go of amps I like. If I ever got a smaller place I'd be screwed. Plus, you never get what they're worth to you, and rarely even get what they're worth.

bgh

Post by bgh » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:53 am

Allen wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 pm
Kernel wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:49 pm

I have a hard time letting go of amps I like. If I ever got a smaller place I'd be screwed. Plus, you never get what they're worth to you, and rarely even get what they're worth.
I'm the same way. Once I get an amp I like, I have difficulty getting rid of it. I still have my Vypyr Tube 60. I've entertained the idea of selling it, but never took any action. I still play through it every once and a while.

It would be very interesting to see if Peavey comes out with a new Vypyr model. Given all of the difficulties with the Pro series though, I doubt they will offer anything more.
Lefty guitars: Gibson SG standard (1977)•Gibson LP custom (1979)
Amps : Mesa Boogie Mark IV•Mesa Nomad 45•Mesa TA-30•Vypyr tube 60+Sanpera I
Other: Effectrode Blackbird•Kingsley Jester•AMT SS11-a•Weehbo JCM Ltd.•Zoom G5•J.Coloccia Big Cannoli

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:52 am

bgh wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:53 am
Given all of the difficulties with the Pro series though, I doubt they will offer anything more.
any difficulties were caused by Peavey themselves - there was absolutely no marketing effort put into it.

i bought my Pro a year after it was released. it was shipped to a local Guitar Center for pickup, and some of the employees there mentioned they HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT. this is the same place that has stacks of Vypyr VIP's all over the store.

i took a chance on it, but a lot of people won't spend north of $500 on an amp they can't touch/play.

also didn't help that they increased the price $100 after it was released.

bgh

Post by bgh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Landshark wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:52 am
bgh wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:53 am
Given all of the difficulties with the Pro series though, I doubt they will offer anything more.
any difficulties were caused by Peavey themselves - there was absolutely no marketing effort put into it.

i bought my Pro a year after it was released. it was shipped to a local Guitar Center for pickup, and some of the employees there mentioned they HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT. this is the same place that has stacks of Vypyr VIP's all over the store.

i took a chance on it, but a lot of people won't spend north of $500 on an amp they can't touch/play.

also didn't help that they increased the price $100 after it was released.
Absolutely! It seems as if their heart was not in it. Bad marketing, bad timetable, bad pricing ...
To me it seemed like they really did not want to release it, but kind of had to since they had already announced it.
Sort of like "Let's get this done and wash our hands of it".

PS: Even now, after they have been out for a while, I have still not see one in person.
Lefty guitars: Gibson SG standard (1977)•Gibson LP custom (1979)
Amps : Mesa Boogie Mark IV•Mesa Nomad 45•Mesa TA-30•Vypyr tube 60+Sanpera I
Other: Effectrode Blackbird•Kingsley Jester•AMT SS11-a•Weehbo JCM Ltd.•Zoom G5•J.Coloccia Big Cannoli

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:29 am

bgh wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Absolutely! It seems as if their heart was not in it. Bad marketing, bad timetable, bad pricing ...
To me it seemed like they really did not want to release it, but kind of had to since they had already announced it.
Sort of like "Let's get this done and wash our hands of it".

PS: Even now, after they have been out for a while, I have still not see one in person.
i would say the engineering dept. put their heart into it - its a fantastic-sounding amp with many well thought out features.

the *marketing dept.* failed miserably, though.

Kernel

Post by Kernel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:34 pm

I see them in stock again but now I wonder if I should just try to find a used Tube 60 or go with another amp all together. Decisions, decisions...