VIP 2 speaker output mod

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Sealik84

VIP 2 speaker output mod

Post by Sealik84 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:08 pm

Ok so I’m still wet behind the ears when it comes to modding amps. The question that I have Is. I have a few pedals and I know that it’s not recommended to put pedals in front of modeling amps. Get that. However. I was wondering if I did a speaker output mod where I’d have the speaker outpujack laving the cabinet with a 1/4” jack. Than have another 1/4” inch jack returning to the speaker. I figure this would give me the ability to uses my effects post amp Similar to a regular amp head Anyways so I’m wondering if anyone knows if the signal from the solid state is strong enough to run through pedals post amp. Thank you I figure this would also let me plug into other speaker cabinets if ever needed. Thanks again

JamesPaul

Re: VIP 2 speaker output mod

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Power amp output levels are going to be too high for most effect pedals. If you try this approach the VIP 2's protective circuitry may shut down the power amp before any damage is done to the amp and/or pedal, or it may not. Talk box effects are the only effects coming to mind which are designed to work between power amp output and speaker. Although there may be a few others.

Try running your pedals in front of your VIP 2 anyway to hear how they sound. You might like it. You can also search for topics about adding effects loops to VYPYR VIPs.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Sealik84

Re: VIP 2 speaker output mod

Post by Sealik84 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:48 am

Thanks that's what I needed to know