recording with Vypyr vip 1 usb interface problems

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
rtows

recording with Vypyr vip 1 usb interface problems

Post by rtows » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:56 am

Hi, I have plugged in usb from Vypyr vip1 to windows computer usb port. Windows 10 Home computer with 4 gb ram, 64 bit, 2.80 ghz processor. I plug my instrument into the amp and record using Reaper 6 (which was supplied with amp) and the level is very low. How can I raise the recording level output from the amp to the computer? Can I normalize the signal after I record so I can hear that signal while I play it back and record a second track? Thanks, Rich

Frankenberry1977

Re: recording with Vypyr vip 1 usb interface problems

Post by Frankenberry1977 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:06 pm

You are doing better than I am. I can't record at all. I plug a usb cable into the vypyr and my computer and the computer doesn't even recognize it.... I know it's not to port on the computer, because I use a usb condenser mic on it all the time. Do you have any experience with this problem? basically the only reason I bought the vypyr was for the usb output... and can't even use it lol.

lars667

Re: recording with Vypyr vip 1 usb interface problems

Post by lars667 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:13 am

Old post, I know. But in Windows 10, for instance with Audacity as recording software I get the audio from my Vypyr 120 tube USB via the "Primary audio interface for recording" or similar.