New to Vypyr Pro. Help!

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
JustinRB

New to Vypyr Pro. Help!

Post by JustinRB » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:01 pm

My first question is why does the Vypyr pro hum so loud when using dirty amps. So Just the default bank 1 preset called Legend which is a just a 6505+ Hums loud! The guitar doesn't even have to be plugged in. Just the cable.
Clean amps are quiet.

2nd question is when I'm using the Vypyr Edit Pro software. Why is all the available amps not listed.
I see maybe 36 amps in the list of amps. There are many other models on the amp itself.

New info: I think I figured out question 2. Every Amp can be switched from clean to lead. I guess that means clean/dirty. Well that doubles the amp count.
I was kinda hoping there was a tweed on here.

Back to question one. This thing sounds really bad when using dirty amp models. With or without the cable plugged in (and I have tried another cable). The hum is terrible sometimes crackles. And its picking up a radio station or something. I can hear voices through it which sounds like radio of some sort. Switch it to a clean amp model and its fine.

I uploaded a short video of what it sounds like to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA5Juqp3DjA

Landshark

Re: New to Vypyr Pro. Help!

Post by Landshark » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:06 am

watched video, DEFINITELY something wrong. if unplugged, mine makes a small hum when it starts up, then you can hear the amp's noise gate kill the sound completely.

maybe try doing a factory reset before sending off to be repaired/replaced?

JustinRB

Post by JustinRB » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks for the response. That is what I thought.
So I took it back to the shop where it proceeded to no longer make the loud hum, but continued to play the baseball game from a radio station loud and clear. Its being worked on.

The loud hum could either be from my Phillips Hue lights in my house, or ground problems. I willing to bet ground issues. I'll be looking into that. :(

So anyways. Thinking ahead. Are there ways to get more amp models for the Vypyr Pro? I noticed that there isn't any Tweed models. I'm trying to match the Guitar sound in China Grove and I'm willing to bet I can find something close, but I was hoping to see a Tweed amp model.

JustinRB

Post by JustinRB » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:26 pm

New update. I got my amp back. Had a loose ground inside. Fixed.

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:06 pm

nice!

no way to get new amp models, i suspect there won't be any software updates that will add any, either.

you can try mixing different amps to maybe get a sound you're looking for ...

JustinRB

Post by JustinRB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Uh oh. Did I buy a dying product?
I've noticed that no body is sharing setups for the Vypyr pro anywhere online. Only the VIP 1, 2, and 3.

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:53 pm

If past Vypyr series give any indication of how the Vypro will go, whatever there is now is what there will be. They dont follow up a nearly 4 year old amp with upgrades. Not series 1. Not VIP. After the initial intros and version updates, they move on to the next thing.

Improvements will come on the next model. Sharing is what it is, from what many say, limited.

Dont expect a bunch of computer related updates/improvements/file sharing. They're done.
Dalrymple

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:00 pm

No tweed amps? What specific models or updates were you looking for?
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:03 am

Roger Crimm wrote:No tweed amps? What specific models or updates were you looking for?

i wouldn't mind an ENGL Savage model, but the Vypyr Pro does have a nice selection of amps.

what i WOULD like is a way to make the chorus, flanger, and phaser a LOT more subtle. they are pretty much unuseable even with all controls at zero, unless you're going for some overly-processed sci-fi sound.

also, getting the Vypyr Pro Community Portal page up and running (as it was supposed to be back in August of last year) might be nice .....

Toddantho

Post by Toddantho » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:58 pm

I know this is from a long time in the future , but I think you can mellow out the effects if they are used after the Amp models , for example , in the last model bay?