Vypyr Pro

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Rocco Crocco

Re: Vypyr Pro

Post by Rocco Crocco » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Lord High Warlock wrote:You actually get three places you can look at when tuning:

- The Model Banks on the amp.
- The LCD Display on the amp.
- The LCD display on the Sanpera Pro.

And as you go down that list, the more sensitive / precise the display becomes. So far, I haven't had any issues with it, and I've been using the display on the Sanpera Pro.
Thanks Warlock... good to know. Mine will be coming this week.

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Does anyone notice the D-Rec red channel (by itself with no other effects) sounds like there is a clean guitar mixed in to the hi gain sound? When I add a tube screamer the clean tone disappears and it sounds good, but by itself the D-Rec has an annoying clean sound mixed in.

silentplayer

Post by silentplayer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Vypyr Edit Pro is NOW available. :P :P :P :P

Look on this page at bottom of page under downloads.

http://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/it ... ypyrPro100

Now all I need is some awesome presets from gurus that know how to program this beast.
Can someone recommend a link that one might download presets on even though this unit is new ? :?:

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Rocco Crocco wrote:Does anyone notice the D-Rec red channel (by itself with no other effects) sounds like there is a clean guitar mixed in to the hi gain sound? When I add a tube screamer the clean tone disappears and it sounds good, but by itself the D-Rec has an annoying clean sound mixed in.
FYI this issue was fixed when I installed firmware 1.33.

j_fury68

Re: Vypyr Pro vs 1st gen and VIP

Post by j_fury68 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:20 pm

So I'm wondering what you guys think of the vypyr pro tones as compared to the old stuff. Does the noise gates help with some of the unwanted trials that happen with first gen stuff? Just an over all openion would be great.
:arrow: Peavey HP Special FT in Blue Moon Burst, Vypyr 30 with Effects Loop, Zoom G5, Vypyr Pro 100.

Jsnstanley

Post by Jsnstanley » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Rocco Crocco wrote:Does anyone notice the D-Rec red channel (by itself with no other effects) sounds like there is a clean guitar mixed in to the hi gain sound? When I add a tube screamer the clean tone disappears and it sounds good, but by itself the D-Rec has an annoying clean sound mixed in.
I also have a similar instance. Using the DREC dirty and Tube Screamer. It happens when moving them into different Banks/Model slots. At first everything sounds as it should but when experimenting, adding different amps and/or effects and relocating model slots suddenly the sound turns to shit. As if I have a loud clean guitar blended in some how. After removing all but the DRec the problem persists and signal chain doesn’t matter. I found if I (reconnect) via Pro Edit then everything goes normal again. This happened in both my last firmware and also now with v1.33

On a side note.. After playing a little while I left amp on/standby for about 10-15 mis. I heard a Pop while across the room. Now have no sound through the cab, only the headphone jack works. :x :(

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:09 pm

Something I noticed... most of these crunch and hi-gain amp models sound really fizzy from the get-go. If I roll back the bass control and the Resonance controls it really reduces the fizz and tightens up the bottom. Big improvement.

My favorite sound so far is Boost pedal in slot 1 and Dzl drt amp in slot 2. Metal heaven.

The 65XX amps sound great. The crunchy amps I like are the Buddahs and Bcat.

I like this amp so far,but I have only been using it a low volume at home. I will be bringing it to rehearsal on Tuesday next week, where I will really be able to tell if it's a keeper.

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:10 pm

Jsnstanley wrote: On a side note.. After playing a little while I left amp on/standby for about 10-15 mis. I heard a Pop while across the room. Now have no sound through the cab, only the headphone jack works. :x :(
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Send it back.

Jsnstanley

Post by Jsnstanley » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Rocco Crocco wrote:Something I noticed... most of these crunch and hi-gain amp models sound really fizzy from the get-go. If I roll back the bass control and the Resonance controls it really reduces the fizz and tightens up the bottom. Big improvement.

My favorite sound so far is Boost pedal in slot 1 and Dzl drt amp in slot 2. Metal heaven.

The 65XX amps sound great. The crunchy amps I like are the Buddahs and Bcat.

I like this amp so far,but I have only been using it a low volume at home. I will be bringing it to rehearsal on Tuesday next week, where I will really be able to tell if it's a keeper.
I agree with high gain being a little over the top. Gets very ear fatiguing.

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:36 am

Vypyr Pro Factory Preset list in both PDF and XLSX formats. It repeats once you get past the "Y" bank.
Attachments
vypyr pro presets.xlsx
(13.69 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
vypyr pro presets.pdf
(168.16 KiB) Downloaded 350 times

gt5150

Post by gt5150 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:09 pm

hey. just got my vypr pro. just messed with it at lunch for first time. i noticed the presets are A-Z 1-4 where do you create your own patches?
i just want to start building patches. i just want some good classic rock tones. good clean,crunch and lead tones. can someone share little info on this to get me going?

homerlex

Post by homerlex » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:16 pm

gt5150 wrote:hey. just got my vypr pro. just messed with it at lunch for first time. i noticed the presets are A-Z 1-4 where do you create your own patches?
i just want to start building patches. i just want some good classic rock tones. good clean,crunch and lead tones. can someone share little info on this to get me going?
Create your patches and save them over any of those presets. I recommend trying the edit app to do so: https://vypyredit.peavey.com/

Rocco Crocco

Post by Rocco Crocco » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:16 pm

I started creating patches on the "A" bank, and just overrode the factory patches. The factory presets repeat starting at Z1, so you won't lose any factory sounds.

gt5150

Post by gt5150 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:23 pm

so we can overwrite any patch from A-Z ? i thought those were the factory presets that you couldn't overwrite. so factory presets starting at Z-1 thru ?? are the same as A-Z and can't be overwritten, right ? can you share a good starting point for good classic rock patches clean, crunchy and lead tones?
thanks in advance. when i get home tonight i am going to start spending some time tweaking

GT

gt5150

Post by gt5150 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:25 pm

homerlex wrote:
gt5150 wrote:hey. just got my vypr pro. just messed with it at lunch for first time. i noticed the presets are A-Z 1-4 where do you create your own patches?
Create your patches and save them over any of those presets. I recommend trying the edit app to do so: https://vypyredit.peavey.com/

thanks for the info