Vypyr VIP2 reboots

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
wmjones

Re: Vypyr VIP2 reboots

Post by wmjones » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:08 am

What is meant by re-booting? I turn my AMP on-off every time I use it. Or does this mean doing a factory reset? Something I have only done once with my vip 2 and two times with my vypyr 75. (I don't even remember why.)
:) HAPPY DAYS
Last edited by wmjones on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

levander

Post by levander » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:16 am

Rebooting is just turning your device off then back on again. Booting is the process that takes place after you turn a computer on. Booting is what it's called when the operating system is loaded, any device drivers, etc.. Booting is what's happening behind the scenes while you're looking at the Windows logo just after turning your computer on. They just call it rebooting when you intentionally turn your computer off just so you can turn it back on again.

You're probably just not playing your amp for as long in a single session as Coul10 is. Hence you never needing to reboot yours during a session.

cpzz

Post by cpzz » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:39 am

Same problem here, with a Vypyr 3 and it's driving me insane. I have a gig tomorrow and I'm going to borrow an amp because I'm not confident at all using it live, during the last couple of practicing sessions it kept rebooting randomly and I can't figure out what's wrong (and it is just a few months old).
If there's any suggestion on how to fix the problem it would be much appreciated!

Maluja

Post by Maluja » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:14 am

Hi,

i had the same issue with a Vypyr VIP 3. Finally, it was so persistent that it occurred every time I hit the strings hard.
I removed the amplifier from the chassis and the error no longer occurred - of course, you should only do this if you have an idea of the matter. Then I noticed that touching the power supply board with an insulated screwdriver triggered a reboot. Afterwards, I re-soldered the contacts on the back of the power supply board and currently the error no longer occurs.
Greetings, Markus