Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 - Presets and Code Key

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings

Is this document helpful?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 19

jdenio

Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 - Presets and Code Key

Post by jdenio » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:43 pm

I have created the attached document to help everyone out. It is not technically finished but is set up so that you can easily print it out and record some more detailed settings from the presets.

The document includes the following: (PDF Format)

- All Factory Presets (Which if you haven't notice keep repeating themselves)
- Key for deciphering the codes and P-Functions for:
Stomp Boxes
Instruments
Effects

I intend to finish the document with at least the Stomp/Instrument/Effects used in each preset.

I have populated the Amplifiers used.

FILE REMOVED - LATEST VERSION BELOW!!!!

Please comment with any suggestions or whatever.

Thanks J
Last edited by jdenio on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

jdenio

Re: Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 - Presets and Code Key

Post by jdenio » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Updated file so print is not so small ...

FILE REMOVED - LATEST VERSION BELOW!!!!
Last edited by jdenio on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

deuterium

Post by deuterium » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Awesome work, Jdenio...and very much appreciated. Great job, my friend.

The only question is...why the heck didn't Peavey make this, and have it available when they launched this new series? I assume you don't work for Peavey, and are just a motivated consumer. So again, I tip my hat to you.

Nevertheless, the fact that such information hasn't been posted/provided by Peavey, and the fact that we are still awaiting the software Editor, is very very frustrating. I just don't understand these sorts of things. I'm sure Peavey spent a significant amount of money on R&D and new-tooling/production for the VIP series. Why is their supporting documentation so lacking, or lagging so behind?

jdenio

Post by jdenio » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:07 pm

NEW UPDATE !!!

I have finished filling out all of the information in this chart.

Updates:
1. Created a better sort of column headings
2. Included Codes in the column headings of Stomp Boxes and Effects
3. Updated "Instrument" column for each preset
4. Checked the Stomp Boxes and Effects used for each preset.
5. Added some color.
6. Fixed the font size and made presets landscape mode for easier read.

You are right, I am just an enthusiastic consumer. I'm also a geek. I know that this amp is not as "easy" or intuitive to use as say a fender twin... but its 2013.

As far as sounds go... like anything, if you don't know how to use it, a good outcome is luck. If you don't want to spend the time "getting to know it" ... don't buy it. It will be a while before I have an opinion on the amps sounds, as I'm getting to know it. Technology doesn't scare me, I embrace it. I know that just fooling around a little bit I got some really awesome sounds, and some really really bad ones too. I will keep you all posted.

Anyone else out there have this amp? please comment on it, my posts, and the chart I made.

Thank you!!!!!

NOTE: I don't think this document will be of any use to anyone who has a VYPYR VIP 1 or 2. The Vypyr VIP 3 is quite different. If anyone can verify this to be true, or find it false, please comment.
Attachments
Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 - Presets and Code Key V.1.1.pdf
(186.27 KiB) Downloaded 5469 times
Last edited by jdenio on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jay

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:24 pm

This is a great document, thanks! I'm learning (and enjoying) my VIP2, and this should reduce the curve significantly!

Take care,
G

jackstrat

Post by jackstrat » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks loads for the PDF...that took some time to compile, thanks!!!!

jack

jdenio

Post by jdenio » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Would anyone like to help by posting descriptions of presets? I would be pretty bias as I only play blues, country and rockabilly for the most part... everything else would be junk to me. lol.
Jay

thegoz85

Post by thegoz85 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:52 pm

This is great - helps so much! Thank you!

Wmachine

Post by Wmachine » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:18 pm

I know I'm late to the party here, but I've had my new VIP 3 amp and Sanpera II for just a few months now and really like it. I want to add my thanks for the preset list. VERY helpful to me!

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:39 pm

jdenio wrote:NEW UPDATE !!!

I have finished filling out all of the information in this chart.

Updates:
1. Created a better sort of column headings
2. Included Codes in the column headings of Stomp Boxes and Effects
3. Updated "Instrument" column for each preset
4. Checked the Stomp Boxes and Effects used for each preset.
5. Added some color.
6. Fixed the font size and made presets landscape mode for easier read.

You are right, I am just an enthusiastic consumer. I'm also a geek. I know that this amp is not as "easy" or intuitive to use as say a fender twin... but its 2013.

As far as sounds go... like anything, if you don't know how to use it, a good outcome is luck. If you don't want to spend the time "getting to know it" ... don't buy it. It will be a while before I have an opinion on the amps sounds, as I'm getting to know it. Technology doesn't scare me, I embrace it. I know that just fooling around a little bit I got some really awesome sounds, and some really really bad ones too. I will keep you all posted.

Anyone else out there have this amp? please comment on it, my posts, and the chart I made.

Thank you!!!!!

NOTE: I don't think this document will be of any use to anyone who has a VYPYR VIP 1 or 2. The Vypyr VIP 3 is quite different. If anyone can verify this to be true, or find it false, please comment.
The presets for the vip 2 are the same, the vip 1 are different. I appreciate the hard work you put into this but this chart has been available for several years. I cannot remember how far back you have to go in this form to find it sense I downloaded it several (about 2) years ago. Therefor I thank you again for posting it. The new people on this blog will appreciate it.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Wmachine

Post by Wmachine » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:50 am

I can't find that this has been answered elsewhere, but going over the presets on the VIP3, the same presets are are listed multiple times. I can understand that being the case with preset banks A-D, but the the other 100 banks of 4 have the the presets listed like 10 times? Indicated about 40 total presets all repeated about 10 times?
I'm just looking to confirm this and understand why it is done this way.

JohnBrady

Post by JohnBrady » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:54 am

Hi Wmachine
I see you have been responding about the VIP 3 and wondered if you can help me out ... by telling me how to use the amp as a straight through amp, without any of the effects ??? This is because one of my instruments is a line 6 Variax that has a bank of it's own effects built in, and all I want to achieve with this instrument is a very mellow sound from the amp ??

wmjones

Post by wmjones » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:55 pm

JohnBrady wrote:Hi Wmachine
I see you have been responding about the VIP 3 and wondered if you can help me out ... by telling me how to use the amp as a straight through amp, without any of the effects ??? This is because one of my instruments is a line 6 Variax that has a bank of it's own effects built in, and all I want to achieve with this instrument is a very mellow sound from the amp ??
You can go straight through on any amp modal. If you want a peavey amp modal use classic or 6505, green chanel. Set the stumps and effects to bypass and the delay and reverb perimeters to 0-0. If you have a sanpera 2 you can turn every thing off in manual mode.
Have a Happy New Year. :D Wm Jones
Last edited by wmjones on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

Wmachine

Post by Wmachine » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm not sure, but I don't think there is such a setting. I think one has to at least pick one modeled amp. But even so, you can get what you are after by selecting just an amp with no additional effects. Pick a mellow amp! What I did is select 4 of my favorite amps and preset them "bare" into a bank. Thus I have quick access to "just an amp".

JohnBrady

Post by JohnBrady » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:53 am

Thanks for the help guy's .... I suppose I was just being Lazy !!! but at my age " time is of the essence !! ". I will now enjoy noodling and searching the vypyr, but I would think that, in the words of Arnie .... " I'll Be Back ".