Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Timinator 10,000

Re: Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings SOAD & 3DG

Post by Timinator 10,000 » Thu May 12, 2016 8:49 am

Anyone know settings that have a System of A Down sound to it? I can get close but never exact. I'm also looking for a Three Days Grace setting. I can't even get close to it.

rogernature

Re: Let's Share Some Vypyr Settings

Post by rogernature » Sat May 21, 2016 9:19 am

I just saw Corrosion of Conformity play this week, and realized I absolutely love the Dual Rectifier sound that Woody Weatherman has. Can anyone provide any tips for getting his sound from a VIP II?

bluestate

Post by bluestate » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:21 pm

Hello there, brand new VIP 2 user and first time poster. Pretty new to modeling amps in general.

I've been happy with the clean sounds I've been able to get so far, especially with the Twin, Classic and XXX, but the distortion has been a little hard to tame. Plenty of great options for metal/hard rock but I don't play a lot of that stuff.

I'm looking to re-create a good solid distortion like on Weezer's "My Name is Jonas" (or anything from the Blue Album) or a standard classic rock/grunge riff sound, like Pearl Jam's "Even Flow". So far I've gotten a decent overdrive by turning down the gain a bit on the tube screamer but anything with the fuzz or the higher gain settings just gets too messy for my ears. Perhaps I'm just not a great fit for Peavey amps but with so many settings and options I should be able to get somewhat close.

SirLancelot

Post by SirLancelot » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:45 am

Vypyr 30 - Looking for settings for Pop Evil's Trenches

NicklasP

Post by NicklasP » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:32 am

guismo wrote:Hi !

After several years , I decided to continue guitar(i have a vypyr 30), and I see the site http://www.vypyrsettings.fr is no longer available ...
Does that would interest someone if I was rewriting a similar website ( more modern, responsive .. ) ?
Sorry for the translation !
YES !!!!

JezZze

Post by JezZze » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:59 am

Does anybody have good sounding/ similar tones for...

Old School Rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJm_6AblrM0
Blues rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLb6-m4Qudc
Funky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFUBF5y9Ams
Clean (yellow ledbetter/under the bridge) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7qT1TNqzUI

Just bought vypyr 30 + Sanpera 1 for 140 euros! So far I have really liked it. I have found pretty good metal tone and 80s hair metal tone by myself but im still learning how to use this awesome little thing.

GrantsV

Post by GrantsV » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:52 am

Hi,
I'm having a great time with my new VIP2 but does anyone know how to get a bit more sparkle to the very top end.
Thanks!
Col
Last edited by GrantsV on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin
Adagio - The Finest Strings For Fine Artists

GrantsV

Post by GrantsV » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:38 am

In case anyone is interested.

After experimentation, the speaker in the VIP2 is very smooth and has a low high frequency cut off. Its seems to be the current trend to equip non-tube amps with very smooth speakers. The transtube circuit itself has plenty of presence when the speaker is swapped.
Colin
Adagio - The Finest Strings For Fine Artists

Thundercloud80

Post by Thundercloud80 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi, Im new to the forum so please don't hurt me too bad but are there any good settings for Guns n roses especially sweet child o mine? Please and thank you

hazydavy

Post by hazydavy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Hydraxis wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:57 pm
Song or Artist: Foo Fighters - Everlong
Song is in Drop D, play on the neck pickup.

Stompbox: None
Amp Model Used/Green or Red: REC Red
Effects: None
Delay: 1.5/1.5
Reverb: None
Pre-Gain: 3
Low: 3.5
Mid: 6
High: 4
Post Gain: 4

Looking for S.O.D. and D.R.I. tones if anyone can dial them in.
HI HELP,
I just got a previously owned Vypyr 2 amp from Guitar Center, I want to use The Peavey Classic setting with a lot of reverb and a little delay, The manual makes no sense to me, I just want to adjust the reverb and delay in the Peavey Classic setting-almost like bipassing all the presets, How do I do this? I I would appreciate help with this,

Bud977

Post by Bud977 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:03 pm

You need to get into edit mode and use the right hand knobs to adjust the reverb and delay.

The Inst/stomp knob has 'push to edit' written below it. So push it and the edit mode green light will come on next to the tap tempo button.

This changes the pre-gain/low/mid/high/post-gain knobs to the functions printed below them. i'e' P1/P2/delay feedback/delay level/reverb level.

So play around with the delay and feedback knobs until you're happy, then turn edit off.

You can also connect the Vypyr to your PC and use the Vypyr edit software to access all the settings.

Toddantho

Post by Toddantho » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am

Anyone still on here? Just bought the VyPro , and looking for any extra info I can glean here in the forum .
Can’t wait til it arrives ! Looking to see if any of the sites that had settings are still around ... Rock on !

rainingravens

Post by rainingravens » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:47 pm

Toddantho wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am
Anyone still on here? Just bought the VyPro , and looking for any extra info I can glean here in the forum .
Can’t wait til it arrives ! Looking to see if any of the sites that had settings are still around ... Rock on !
same i just got mine and was wondering where else i can get some online files for some good tones

Cheese

Post by Cheese » Sat May 29, 2021 10:49 am

I’m also here watching to see if there are any links to vypyr settings /patches. Sent an email to Peavey Corp, but no response. Never give up. Hope.

serendippy

Post by serendippy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:27 pm

Try these settings for high gain soloing.

Tubescream 6 & 6
JSX green
no effects
pre gain max
low max
mid half
high 4
post gain half
delay 6 & 4
reverb 5

Let me know what you think!