members MIDI Imp Chart

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Photo_G

Re: members MIDI Imp Chart

Post by Photo_G » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Ok, I'm on v1.70, and the looper and volume pedals now work (yay!)!

It'll be REALLY cool if we can figure out how the pitch shifter works.

Thanks,
G

markcm

Post by markcm » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 am

Photo_G wrote:@markcm

I'm planning to go to 1.7 asap, so I'm good with any data you can get around that firmware revision. Thanks in advance!

@fastasleep

Thanks again for answering my questions!

Take care,
G
All the changes that fastasleep made which where based on midi I captured between the vypyr and sanpera was v1.7

At somepoint, I'll try to make time and caputure the midi while controlling pitch shift via Sanpera. I want to help if I can but I don't really use a foot controller much with my vypyr. I'd have to check the link Photo_G provided on pitchshift or someome will need to make a specific request because I don't / won't be using pitch shift myself so I don't even know how to assign it at this time.

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 am

Understood. I have all of the known v1.7 commands working now, thanks to your previous work, and I really appreciate that!

Take care,
G

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Ok. I found out that CC#34 controls the pitch function, and it works great if I put this on expression pedal 1 (it also wahs, if the pitch shifter is not selected), but when I exit the pitch shifter, the wah has to be toggled to work again. It seems that it may be because it is sending an off command.

@fastasleep.

I'm really not good with this stuff, but it appears that we may be able to get this to toggle correctly somehow. Can you test it out?

Thanks in advance,
G
Last edited by Photo_G on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Well, I have been messing with this, and it seems that CC#34 is best added to expression pedal 2 for presets that have the pitch shifter enabled. That way, both the wah and the pitch shifter can work simultaneously - albeit without volume control.

It's amazing how high the pitch will go at maximum...at can be absolutely ear-splitting! It also seems to track really well, although string bends lag a bit.

All in all though, it's really cool! Ya gotta love the flexibility of an FCB1010.

G

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks Photo_G for cc#34 control, I had no time to check it deeply but it seems to work great.
The most amazing feature of FCB1010 is that you can assign to every single patch different pedal expression parameters just to have the possibility to control almost everything in your Vypyr and you can also assign a specific CC# to every stompbox, in order to activate the respective controller, I.E: having exp1 set on CC#31 (reverb level) and exp2 set on CC#37 (volume) on a patch, you can also assign exp1 CC#34 to stompbox #2 (effects) in order to control the whammy bar and assign exp2 CC#6 to stomp #5 to control the wah and so on for every single patch; then you can also store presets with every single stompbox set on or off, then it would be better to change the patch on fcb in order to have a correspondance between the lights set like the patch. In other words you can have up to 7 different parameters set with the expression pedals for every single patch. I believe it's far enough to control almost everything in your sound.

Thanks again for your job.

Ciao

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:26 pm

My pleasure fastasleep! Your work, along with markcm and (of course) OssanDust (thanks a million!), has allowed us all to leverage the full potential of the FBC1010 and Vypyr. Let me say "We Appreciate You!" from all the people that have already read this thread...as well as for all of the people who will read it in the future and buy (and perhaps alter) an FCB1010 to unlock the potential of their Vypyr amp.

Btw, if your still looking for a deal on the FCB1010, try here first: http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17783 ...although I don't know how long this kind of pricing will be available. I have no affiliation here, I just want to share how I managed to get mine at an excellent price!

All the best,
G

Klink

Post by Klink » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Great work guys! Just 1 problem for me - using Fastasleep's excellent .syx file the tuner function only works while the footswitch is held down (i.e. tuner mode goes off again when I take my foot off). Is this how it's meant to be or do I need to change a FCB1010 setting or something?

jaro

Post by jaro » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:34 am

Is it possible to control FCB's expression pedals without Uno chip? Other functions are ok: program switching, tuner, looper, tap tempo etc. I can't change any parameters with exp pedals during manual programming. For example i chose pedal nr 6 to program CC nr 1 and I cant set value of parameter with exp pedal. I can do it only with pedals 0..9. It's the same on every other parameters. Factory settings recovery - doesnt work. On selftest pedals seem to work. Maigh it be calibration problem?
UPDATE!!!
IT WAS EXP PEDAL CALIBRATION PROBLEM !!!
Now works fine with fastasasleep's file :oops: :D

jaro

Post by jaro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:31 pm

I tried to gather pieces of info from Your posts to one file.
Also here's my FCB config file (factory firmware) for Vypyr with 1.66.
Big thanks to fastasleep for his great basic file.
Changes:
- presets 1...80 on banks 0...7 and switches 1...0 (10)
- bank 9 switch 5 - turn off wah function,
- bank 9 switch 10 - turn on wah function
- bank 9 switches 6,7,8,9 - the same function as fastasleep's original file (looper start/record, looper stop/reset, tap tempo, tuner),
- volume on every switch press is assigned to EXP2 (CC#37).
Vypyr Midi Commands.txt
Vypyr Midi commands discovered by Vypyr Explorers
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 1127 times
FCBforVypyr1.66.zip
FCB config file (factory firmware) for Vypyr v 1.66
(543 Bytes) Downloaded 734 times

levellevel

Post by levellevel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 pm

in addition to this solution, you can add for bank 9, switch 1 for example CC#31, value 0 for reverb off and for bank 9, switch 2 CC#31, value 127 for maximum reverb. or assign expr. pedal for CC#31, min value 0, max value 127 to control amount of reverb instedad of wah function for bank 9, switch 3... :-)

vws7

Post by vws7 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:21 am

Anybody know how to change Stombox parameter1 & 2?
My Firmware is 1.70, and CC#32, CC#33 doesn't work.
This is the last thing i need, thanks in advance!

donP73

Post by donP73 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:18 am

fastasasleep wrote:...then you can also store presets with every single stompbox set on or off, then it would be better to change the patch on fcb in order to have a correspondance between the lights set like the patch...
The problem is that, if the effect (or stompboxes, or delay or reverb) had stored as "ON" in your #1 Vypyr memory, and as "OFF" in #2 memory, then the lights on FCB stomps line wouldn't correspond no more to real effetcts state on the Vypyr, and this is a real confusion! :shock:
Worst, if you send a "stompbox ON or OFF" with every program change, you would cause a mistake, because the Vypyr would receive two contrasting messages (one from its own memory and one another from the FCB).
To solve this we should have the ability to program FCB to turn on/off a stomp-pedal light without sending any midi command to the vypyr (or - like in the Sanpera - have a midi-in returned data to tell the FCB that that effect/stomp/reverb etc... has been turned on/off and make stomp lights behaving in the corresponding manner).

TauTau

Post by TauTau » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:46 am

does anyone have an idea, why the delay tempo changes on patch change with the FCB1010? I use the standard preset-change commands, every function besides Expression pedal B (CC#37) is disabled.
Also I tried to make preset saveable from the FCB1010, added NoteOn (24) to Button 1 for example, and it does *something* (LEDs go off an on again), but doesn't save. That's not so important though, since I want to get by with 10 presets I can recall directly from the FCB1010, so I can store at the amp directly... but the delay tempo change obviously is annoying, especially since it goes either ridicoulosly high oder totally off ;)

root6t6

Post by root6t6 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:56 pm

First, sorry this is from such an old thread but I have a few questions as I just got a UNO FCB1010 to control my Vypyr T60.
Second, thank you for all the work you all did on this as I would have been REALLY behind the curve getting this combo to work correctly.

Now for the questions about using fastasleeps stompbox sysex (corrected version)
1. After boot up of the amp and FCB, do I need to go to bank 18 and press Pedal 5 to set the amp into manual or stompbox mode first before it will respond to pedals 6-9 as stomp boxes?

2. Why do all of the stompbox and presets have PC4 set to a 113 value which is greyed out on the amp presets programs but not on the stompbox programs? Using Ed Dixon's FCB Midi editor program.

3. I notice that you have the volumn controller as CC37 but you were running version 1.70 which from what I read changed it to CC20? Is the documention wrong as it seems to work fine on 37 for me at version 1..70.

Thank you for your time sir,
Travis