members MIDI Imp Chart

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
rhinoceros

members MIDI Imp Chart

Post by rhinoceros » Thu May 20, 2010 4:39 pm

CC#21 delay feedback

CC#23 delay amt

CC#31 reverb lvl

CC#26 & 27 effect parameters 1 & 2

CC#16 do pregain

CC#7 will control volume(this is said not to work now)

CC#6 will control wah/pitch

CC#5 will turn wah/pitch function on and off (enabling CC#6, basically).
The new CC# is 20 for Volume in version 1.70
edit fastasasleep
#8 selects amp model (value 0 to 12) I don't know how to switch between red and green
#9 selects effects model (value 0 to 12)
#16 pre gain
#17 bass
#18 mid
#19 high
#22 post gain
#37 imput volume

Footswitch commands (note on for press - 0x90 ## 0x7F, note off for release - 0x90 ## 0x00):
#11 (0x0B) - Tap Tempo for the delay (note on only, off is ignored)
#00 (0x00) - Looper record/play
#02 (0x02) - Looper stop/hold reset
#21 (0x15) - Tuner Enter / Exit (note on only, note off is ignored)

use a stomp with cc#5 to enable expression pedal1
and set the expression pedal 1 with cc#6 value 1 =0 and value 2 =127

Is there a way to save presets beyond the 12th
use"note on" command to do that.

Note on 14 seems to cycle up through the banks and note on 16 cycles down but I believe you need a note off or something else to stop cycling.

Note on 24,25,26 and 27 recall presets 1,2,3,4 in selected bank and with a long press you can store it in position.

you can get 127 presets with Virtual MIDI Keyboard thru your midi
the link http://www.granucon.com/vmk.html

Is there a way to save presets beyond the 12th with the FCB1010
you could by selecting a high numbered preset with your FCB1010 (the preset location you wish to save to), then change the sound settings to what you want to save and hit and hold the relevant button to save on your Vypyr (whichever one is lit up on the Vypyr).

this was took from posts and are still unconfirmed if anyone has anything to add feel free to post
Last edited by rhinoceros on Mon May 24, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.

munkee

Re: members MIDI Imp Chart

Post by munkee » Sat May 22, 2010 3:07 am

I assume if someone took there Sanpera 1/2 and could feed it into MIDIOX they could find all the CC/Note, ON/off numbers we need.

munkee

Post by munkee » Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 pm

#8 will bypass the amps/no sound
#9 will totally turn off the "effects", I can't get it to toggle on/off?

I would really like to find the magic number that handles the stompbox :twisted:

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Sun May 23, 2010 6:22 am

munkee wrote:#8 will bypass the amps/no sound
#9 will totally turn off the "effects", I can't get it to toggle on/off?

I would really like to find the magic number that handles the stompbox :twisted:
#8 selects amp model (value 0 to 12) I don't know how to switch between red and green
#9 selects effects model (value 0 to 12)

and...
#16 pre gain
#17 bass
#18 mid
#19 high
#22 post gain
#37 imput volume

munkee

Post by munkee » Sun May 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Great info :D Any luck on finding how to reset the looper :?:

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Sun May 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Footswitch commands (note on for press - 0x90 ## 0x7F, note off for release - 0x90 ## 0x00):
#11 (0x0B) - Tap Tempo for the delay (note on only, off is ignored)
#00 (0x00) - Looper record/play
#02 (0x02) - Looper stop/hold reset
#21 (0x15) - Tuner Enter / Exit (note on only, note off is ignored)

munkee

Post by munkee » Sun May 23, 2010 3:07 pm

I must have done some bad programming since "reset" has not worked before. Now it does :D So now my FCB1010 will do everything the SanperaII does except STOMPBOX :evil: Although, it will turn on/off Delay and Reverb I would also like to turn on/off the "effects" section as well, but stompbox is my priority.
Last edited by munkee on Mon May 24, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhinoceros

Post by rhinoceros » Sun May 23, 2010 4:34 pm

great munkee everything works? except STOMPBOX

munkee

Post by munkee » Sun May 23, 2010 5:23 pm

rhinoceros wrote:great munkee everything works? except STOMPBOX

It works. Just gotta get the stompbox and it's complete! :mrgreen: Forgot to mention that Volume(#7) is not working now. But I believe it stopped with 1.70, Hopefully Peavey will fix this...unless someone knows of a workaround?

FIX :mrgreen: The new number for Volume is 20 :mrgreen:

Here's the stompbox parameter adjustment:
stomp param 1: 33
stomp param 1: 32

Would still prefer on/off, but this is something to play with 8)

markcm

Post by markcm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm new (today) to midi foot controllers; just received a fcb1010 with the original behringer chip, uno chip should arrive any day.

What are you guys using to edit? I found Ed Dixon's fcb1010 editor as I plan on using the pedal with guitar rig3 as well.

Also, is there a thread with .sxy sysex files for the vypyr?

UPDATE: member Fastasleep has posted a baseline sysex file for the FCB1010 pedal with vypyr here: http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php? ... ex#p120937

markcm

recorded midi from sanpera

Post by markcm » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:24 pm

I have opened up my sanperaII and jumped a set of wires on pins 4&5 which I believe are the TX RX pins and run them into MidiMonitor.

I'm very new at midi so I am struggling to work with it, essentially looking for patterns and such...

I used midimonitor and captured screenshots while depressing most of the buttons although it looks like my volume pedal was somewhere in the mid stroke and hunting so it was transmitting lots of values as well. I also installed midi OX which works better although I'd already put the screenshots together so here it is: Click here to view the screenshots of midi data intercepted from my sanpera while connected to my vypyr. The functions for each screenshot are the image titles which are directly above the image.

As mentioned, I'm new to this so if anyone can make sense of the information and need something else from my midi/piggyback setup, let me know before I remove the jumpers.

I think I've got my FCB1010 (with UNO) set up in stompbox where it changes presets on the lower row (buttons 1-4) and toggles stompbox,effect,delay,reverb on the top row just like "manual mode" (buttons 6-9). Button 10 is currently set to enable tuner when held down. I've attached a copy of the sysex for a template, keep in mind I just started so this file should just be considered a starting point and is likely full of errors.

Let me know if you'd like to see other screen shots from midi OX, and what functions you'd like captured.
Attachments
vypyr2.zip
Template sysex file for "Manual mode" toggle of stomp,effect, delay, and reverb
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 1025 times

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:41 am

Thanks Markcm, very good job!
I will try the configuration late and let you know

Just tried, it seems it doesn't work correctly, I can't switch on/off effects and the stomps row also change preset. Could you please give more information?

Also I think the correct imput volume CC is #37, #20 seems to control the post gain.

Tnx

markcm

Post by markcm » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:15 am

Yes, my example file probably has lots of issues. I'm primary offering up the service to monitor/record midi data while the sanperaII is communicating to the the vypyr; I'm hoping that will help the community build a better midi map for the vypyr and share it with the community.

I'm glad this thread is here but in all honesty as a newbie to midi, the information posted here so far was challenging for me to follow and understand.

If I have time today, I will record cleaner data with midi OX while performing all the functions of the sanperaII and post it for the community to work with.

It should also be noted that I am working in firmware v1.7, I don't know if the midi would change in other versions but I'm hesitant to flash my amp to 1.65 (or any other) because it works well right now and I don't want to crash the processor (lock up the amp) during a flash.

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 pm

First of all thanks for doing this job of monitoring Samp2 mdi communications, I think this is the only way to deep understand our Vypyr possibilities.

Talkin' about the firmware i've downgraded mine to 1.65 just to check if Peavey had implemented midi standard on it, but, trying cc#7, i discovered nothing seems changed so I went back to 1.70.

For the midi parts: I'm a beginner too in midi language but checking the librarian software, having a 30W version, through midiex it seems they use a lot of sys ex to control the amp IE creating a new preset and sending it to amp produce a sysex, hope the sampera 2 use normal midi message instead of sysex.

As soon as you post the new communications I'll try to decrypt them to help you to finish the midi chart.

markcm

Post by markcm » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:11 pm

I just recorded midi data from what I believe to be all the functions of the SanperaII pedal and my vypyr 60w with v1.7 firmware using midi OX. I have exported the data to excel and .TXT (same data, different formats) and clearly labeled exactly what function/operation triggered the data.

Have a look at the attachment(s) and let me know if you want some other operations recorded.

PS- I still see nothing that points toward Amp channel switching (Red/Green) which is the primary feature I want to control. Maybe someone from Peavey will contribute that bit of information.

-Markcm
Attachments
VypyrSanpera2_firmware1_7.txt
Midi data recorded from SanperaII while controlling a Vypyr 60w with firmware v1.7. Text format.
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 1198 times
VypyrSanpera2_firmware1_7.xls
Midi data (exported to excel) recorded from SanperaII pedal while controlling a vypyr 60w tube amp running firmware v1.7.
(31 KiB) Downloaded 1042 times