members MIDI Imp Chart

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
fastasasleep

Re: members MIDI Imp Chart

Post by fastasasleep » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:40 am

Thanks to Markcm and his amazing job with Samp 2 finally we've the midi code to control the effects on/off on Vypyr:

note on/off # 12 control the manual mode (enable the possibility to switch on/off the effects)

note on/off # 5 control stompbox on/off

note on/off # 4 control effects on/off

note on/off # 9 control delay on/off

note on/off # 7 control reverb on/off

You can also assign different cc parameters to the expression pedals in association with single stomp to control the amount of effects desidered.

I'm just working on a Sysex for the 1010 to have a deep control of the amp, stay tuned.

@ Markcm:
One last thing, I can't use the expression pedal to control the whammy effect, is the CC#6 or uses a different one, or I've to setup the pitch shifter in a specific configuration?

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:21 am

This is the sysex with manual control of stomps and effects on Vypyr with explanation.
Attachments
Sys for 1010.rar
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 734 times

rhinoceros

Post by rhinoceros » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 pm

nice work guys....

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi,

I just received my FCB1010 and added the UnO v1.0.2f EPROM. This forum has been an awesome help to me. My thanks to everyone!!!

I am using fastasleep's sysex file and everything appears to work (as far as I can tell so far), but I cannot get the looper to reset if I hold down button 3 in preset .08. Is there a trick to doing this?

Also, how does one get the wah to change to pitch shift on expression 1? Pedal 10 toggles the wah ok, but even if I select pitch shifter on the amp, the expression pedal doesn't actually shift the pitch (although I hear overtones with this selected).

Thanks again.
G

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 am

Hi and welcome Photo_G,

First af all i've got to say sorry! I've discovered an error on the file i posted before :oops: , the loop control pedal was also programmed to change preset so I don't know if it's the reason why you can't reset the looper. I've tried and with a long press, about 1 sec., the looper reset.

So try with this new one and let me know.
Sys for 1010 correct.rar
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
For the pitch shift control with the pedal (whammy pedal) i don't how to program it, hope Markcm will help us.

Ciao

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks fastasleep,

I tried the new sysex and it didn't work, so I did a factory restore and reinitialized the UnO chip then pushed the new sysex again. Still no luck. Once I have recorded a loop, it won't go away.

Is it possible that the Vypyr firmware is the problem? My Vypyr 30 is on v1.5.5, since I am waiting on a MIDI interface that's compatible to be shipped. I have the 1.7.0 firmware ready to be loaded once this arrives. Is 1.7.0 the latest firmware?

Thanks again,
G

markcm

Post by markcm » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 am

fastasasleep wrote:Hi and welcome Photo_G,

First af all i've got to say sorry! I've discovered an error on the file i posted before :oops: , the loop control pedal was also programmed to change preset so I don't know if it's the reason why you can't reset the looper. I've tried and with a long press, about 1 sec., the looper reset.

So try with this new one and let me know.
Sys for 1010 correct.rar
For the pitch shift control with the pedal (whammy pedal) i don't how to program it, hope Markcm will help us.

Ciao
Hey guys,

Is pitchshift something that can be done with the sanpera pedal? I don't recall that ability. If this is a function the sanpera can do, I can get the midi command while it's operating but that's the only way to get midi (capture it while the sanpera is in operation).

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 am

Hi markcm,
yes, the samp II has the ability to control the amount of pitch effect (rising or lowering the pitch), you can do it by switching the wah pedal.
Question: when U move the pedal without enabiling the wah, what midi channel uses?
It seems that cc#6 function only for wah.

@ Photo_G.

If I remember right U need firmware 1.58 or higher to eneble a correct implementation of midi commands in your Vypyr.
1.70beta is, at the moment, the last.

Ciao

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 am

fastasleep,

I really appreciate your help! This may also be why the volume (CC#37) doesn't do anything. I should have the MIDI adapter sometime this week.

@markcm.

Your help is very much appreciated!!! If we can get the pitch shifter working, it doesn't appear that the Sanpera has any other "hidden" functionality to track down. Here is a great thread on the pitch shifter:

http://forums.peavey.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13260

I am a MIDI noob, and I'm a little confused about the footswith command implementation. It says:

Footswitch commands (note on for press - 0x90 ## 0x7F, note off for release - 0x90 ## 0x00):
#11 (0x0B) - Tap Tempo for the delay (note on only, off is ignored)
#00 (0x00) - Looper record/play
#02 (0x02) - Looper stop/hold reset
#21 (0x15) - Tuner Enter / Exit (note on only, note off is ignored)

Where do we use the 0x90 (decimal 144?) value when programming the footswitches? Is this a CC#, requiring 0 for off and 127 for on?

Thanks again,
G

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 am

@ Photo_g

U can use CC#7 instead of #37 to control the volume in 1.55 firmware.
And about the midi language, I'm not an expert but for programming you need only the basic parameter: note on and off, control change and continuos controller with the right number and value. The number you're asking for are Note On command. And to programming the FCB1010 you can use the Pc Editor from here: https://secure.mtnsys.com/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

Ciao

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:49 am

Thanks for the input fastasleep, I am using Ed Dixon's editor, based on a recommendation in one of your earlier posts. It is very intuitive, I just need to get my head around the commands.

If I understand you correctly then, the 0x90 (status?) 127 - note on and 0 - note off values are sent automatically to toggle the note control values that you specify?

Thanks too for the v1.5.5 volume CC#!

G

fastasasleep

Post by fastasasleep » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 am

Yes!

The FCB unO Firmware sends a note on command when you depress the footswitch and a note off when released.

markcm

Post by markcm » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:28 am

fastasasleep wrote:Yes!

The FCB unO Firmware sends a note on command when you depress the footswitch and a note off when released.
Although I believe this is true, doesn't it depend on how you on settings and how you have it configured using the Ed Dixon editor (or other editor)?

markcm

Post by markcm » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 am

Guys, I'm running 1.7 firmware, does this matter for collecting the pitch shifter data that you want? I don't want to flash my Vypyr.

I think I took some pictures of how I tappped my pedal, I'll check and if I did I'll try to post it with a basic instruction for monitoring midi from the sanpera. It's very simple an goes basically like this:

Open the sanper and solder wires on the midi high and low pins, run the wires our of the pedal and re-assemble. Put a bit of shink tube on the end of each stripped wire (only two wires needed, midi high and low) now you can push these on to the midi high/low of a standard midi cable which is connected to your PC. Use Midi-ox and view the data as you operate the pedal in conjunction with the vypyr.

Photo_G

Post by Photo_G » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:23 am

@markcm

I'm planning to go to 1.7 asap, so I'm good with any data you can get around that firmware revision. Thanks in advance!

@fastasleep

Thanks again for answering my questions!

Take care,
G