members MIDI Imp Chart

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
wmjones

Re: members MIDI Imp Chart

Post by wmjones » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:25 pm

First I have a question. Does your FCB1010 have the factory chip or the UNO chip? The FCB1010 is The uno chip gives more functions and cost about $16. The uno has a 5 stump, 95 preset mode, that you do not have in the factory chip.
I like the ripwerx editor better and can be downloaded from this site.

chhttp://ripwerxcom.ipage.com/GettingStarted.htmlip

I am not familiar with fastasleeps stompbox syntax but the PC4 being set to 113 is not needed. only PC1 is needed for setting the presset you want which be from 1 thru 127. The value 37 set the volume from 1.59 thru 1.70. In the syntax I use the stumps are 6 thru 0/10 and are global for all banks.
8) HAPPY DAYS:

artcoinc

Post by artcoinc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm

(I realize this is going to be blasphemous, so please bear with me)

I am working on a project where I need a foot pedal / foot switch to control a piece of equipment (non music related). To fabricate one that is rugged enough would require a lot of time and effort. When I had the opportunity to pick up a used Sanpera II for a good price, I thought it should be rugged enough, and I could adapt it to my needs.

My first thought was to gut it, and only use the case, buttons, pots, and foot pedal hardware (like I said, please forgive me), but when the specs say that it uses a MIDI cable to communicate with the amps, and I can read a MIDI signal with an Arduino microcontroller, I started looking into leaving the Sanpera II intact. I found the schematics online, and can identify the pin out (+5v, Gnd, Rx, Tx, etc) for the cable. Since the Sanpera uses a large 8-pin cable/connector, I will have to wire up my own cable and adapter. Shouldn't be a problem.

Now, my question(s) is/are:

Are all of the buttons and pedals MIDI codes fixed, or do they change depending on the status of other buttons? In other words, how much processing is done at the pedal, vs how much is done at the amp?

To put it another way, when I step on, say, the "Tap Tempo" button, will it always send out the same MIDI code? Or, will the code change if some other button has been triggered?

Same thing for the pedals. Will the left (or right) pedal always send out the same MIDI code, or will it change if another button has changed that pedal's function?

Lastly, is there a way to write to the small display screen, or is that all hard coded into the Sanpera II itself?

Like I said, I realize this is off topic, and I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

sjc-or

Post by sjc-or » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Amp Channel Switching is CC 12 on MIDI Channel 1 value of 0 (red) 1(Amber) 2(Green) on my VYPYR VIP-1

brianmenear

Post by brianmenear » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:27 am

Does anybody know on vypyr vip 2 if you can bypass or "turn off" the global delay function? I need 1 patch with a different different delay time. Cannot tap the tempo. I am using a midi footswitch not a sanpera. I actually like a separate delay time for crunch and lead tones. I tried a delay pedal before the amp and it didnt sound too good.

dalrymple

Post by dalrymple » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Push the efx button and turn both parameters of the delay to 0. It is now as "off" as it gets.
Dalrymple

Jwsadler

Post by Jwsadler » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Vipyr Pro undocumented MIDI feature: if you send PC01-PC04 without a bank select CC02 message, it will change the preset without changing the bank. This avoids a lot of sysex and note messages. If you send a PC greater than PC03, it computes the bank from the PC number.