Vypyr very quiet

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
bwrigley

Vypyr very quiet

Post by bwrigley » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:31 am

Hi There,

I recently bought my son a second-hand Vypyr (30w) and all been working well until it 'seemed' to stop suddenly the other day. Nothing was touched in the moment it stopped.

All the lights appear to be working fine.

Normal 1/4 jack input:
- Barely audible sound comes through the speaker and only in Bypass mode. Master volume seems to have no affect.
- Full sound with effects through headphones out
Mini jack Aux in:
- Full sound through main speaker and Master volume adjusts volume as expected.

So I'm guessing it's not a fuse or a loose connection. Have we accidentally hit a setting somehow?

Any thoughts would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Ben

WrldEatr9

Re: Vypyr very quiet

Post by WrldEatr9 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:29 pm

The decoders can be problematic. Especially the post-gain one. Tinker with that one, pushing it as you turn or pulling slightly. It wouldn't hurt to spray a bunch of contact cleaner in there as well.

JamesPaul

Re: Vypyr very quiet

Post by JamesPaul » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:36 am

The Decoder cleaning, and also spraying some Deoxit on a guitar cable plug then plug/unplug a few times, and headphone plug then same plug/unplug a few times in the aux in and headphone jacks, are good ideas.

If you are worried you accidentally turned down something in pedals/amps/effects, you can do a factory reset to ensure those are back to default levels.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.