Is it possible to turn off presets?

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
Packman666

Is it possible to turn off presets?

Post by Packman666 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:00 pm

I have an older Vypyr 100(1st.gen.maybe?),and I'm trying to run a Zoom G1X4 effects processor through it,and almost every one of the built-ins on it has this nasty,muddy,over chorused sound with a super-long decay(all Vypyr effects/amp models are of course on bypass.).I know it's a modelling amp,but I don't have the Peavey foot switch,so it would be a lot easier than all that button mashing and dialing everything in.Has anyone else come across this issue and can I do anything about it?

JamesPaul

Re: Is it possible to turn off presets?

Post by JamesPaul » Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 pm

I looks like you have tried all the tips in How to Get a Clean Patch and it still is not clean enough for you.

I do not know if your Zoom has amp models and cabinet sims but can you connect your Zoom G1X4 to the Vypyr's Auxiliary Input and just use the Vypyr as a power amp?
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.