ProComm 2.4GHz Wireless--Lavalier

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey microphones
mkroger24

ProComm 2.4GHz Wireless--Lavalier

Post by mkroger24 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 pm

2 Things----Anyone have any problem with the Lavalier style microphone not "picking up" the speaker's voice? Ours must be held 2 inches from your mouth to pick-up any sound.... when clipped to a collar or such, it doesn't pick up any sound. We're trying to use it outside for church services, and kinda tough for the pastor to hold the mic and flip pages....... Any ideas on how to improve that would be appreciated.

2nd---can a different "brand" of wireless transmitter be made to "sync" with the ProComm system? The system we use inside is "Shure" brand, and that microphone works very well when clipped to a collar......

colliedogboy1

Re: ProComm 2.4GHz Wireless--Lavalier

Post by colliedogboy1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:39 pm

I'm pretty sure the Peavey mic won't work with a Shure receiver, because each brand has its own set of frequencies. I tried to do that years ago for similar reasons as yours. As far as the mic only picking up the sound at 2 inches, I think the mic belt pac might have a "sensitivity" setting on it which would let it project for a greater distance. So, also, would the receiver have an adjustable "squelch" knob to make it more sensitive to the signals coming from your mic. I am speaking from the old "analog" perspective, so I might be incorrect about today's digital mics. If no one else replies, check out the knobs/screws scenario.

Roger Crimm

Re: ProComm 2.4GHz Wireless--Lavalier

Post by Roger Crimm » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 pm

Those belt packs typically have a tiny switch inside to select whether it will be used with a guitar or microphone. The mic setting is hotter, so if it is switched to line or instrument a mic signal will be weak.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]