Procomm PCX U7 Mic

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey microphones
japjr

Procomm PCX U7 Mic

Post by japjr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:05 am

Our mic keeps cutting in and out and having trouble staying connected it seems. I do think it is the mic and trying to figure out what I need to do in order to get a replacement.

Will any wireless mic work? Obviously frequency and channel would have to match up but just curious what I need to do.

Thanks!

japjr

PCX U7 Mic Replacement

Post by japjr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 am

Mic is powered on, works for a bit then power stays on but the mic does not work. I have tried disconnecting the system and reconnecting and still does the same thing. Seems like a possible loose connection and I feel like I have tried near about everything from battery connector to the main part of the mic connection at the top of the mic.

Any ideas? And is it possible to get a replacement for this system? Thanks!

Josjor

Re: Procomm PCX U7 Mic

Post by Josjor » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:22 am

If it is the model I'm thinking of, two things:

1.The actual portion of the mic that contains the diaphragm is a quick connector at the base of the head of the mic. Unscrew the windscreen and you'll see the silver-screen covered head. It will simply pull out of it's socket. Check the electrical contacts there and clean them and try again.
2. Check the battery connection. Peavey mics are notorious for having the little bit of plastic that holds the battery in position lose it's strength. Unscrew the battery cover, remove the battery, and put a quarter at the bottom of the cover, under the battery, and try again.

Whether it can be replaced will depend on the age and frequency of the microphone. Older models with certain frequencies are not longer FCC compliant and as such, Peavey doesn't sell them any longer.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro