Town Hall mic replacements

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey microphones
jimired

Town Hall mic replacements

Post by jimired » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Good Afternoon,

I am doing a series of presentations at a hall in a remote part of Vancouver Island.

The hall has a Peavey system.

There were 4 peavey wireless mics that feed into a board.

only one undamaged mic remains and works great.

I need three new mics for questions and answer.

Only one empty box is here, it says PV 1 U1 HH 906 MHz.

I would like to replace the three missing microphones.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance.

colliedogboy1

Re: Town Hall mic replacements

Post by colliedogboy1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:26 am

The Peavey mic listed on your empty box is a pretty good mic for your purposes, especially considering how inexpensive they are. Just be certain that the three new mics you buy all have different frequencies from the one you are now using (and different from each other). You should wind up with four mics, each having a different frequency. The UHF mics are less likely to experience RFI problems than are the VHF type that look just like the one you have. Check the model numbers before you buy.

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:35 am

So everyone knows before they read my recommendation, I have a lot of Peavey equipment and recommend Peavey all day long.

However, for a simple wireless microphone system of less than 10 channels, if you do not look at and consider the Audio Technica System 10 Pro (non pro if just a couple of channels), you are missing out. This is a great price point wireless system. The configuration is a breeze. The sound quality is that of a wired microphone.

Peavey has nothing that compares in the wireless category.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Looks like Peavey does have a digital wireless system. I have never used it. I am not sure how it compares to the AT unit. But I would recommend trying this one as well. The Peavey Procomm 2.4GHz Digital.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...