Need the best microphone for professional streaming/online business consulting.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey microphones
blackdoom1212

Need the best microphone for professional streaming/online business consulting.

Post by blackdoom1212 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 pm

I am looking for the best microphone for professional streaming and online business consulting. The ideal microphone is one that would deliver excellent sound quality with excellent ambient noise reduction and cancellation. I live in an apartment in the city and have roommates. Some of my apartment neighbors also have dogs barking. I want a microphone that can minimize all of that noise and traffic/talking noise from outside my windows and rooms. What is the best mic for this job? Budget doesn't really matter, but I just want the noise to be minimized. Should I be looking for a long shotgun mic?

Thank you!

Josjor

Re: Need the best microphone for professional streaming/online business consulting.

Post by Josjor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 am

Shotgun? No.

If it's just you that the microphone needs to pickup, I'd look for a cardoid headset mic.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

colliedogboy1

Re: Need the best microphone for professional streaming/online business consulting.

Post by colliedogboy1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm

I use an inexpensive cardioid headphone/mic combo when I record voice-overs on my video editing software. It plugs straight into my computer's 1/8" mic input and gives me very nice vocal pickup. I can record at low sensitivity (volume) so that it doesn't pickup extraneous audio, and then I can bump up the volume on the timeline with the audio toolset in the software. Also, it would help if you can either make or purchase a small sound-absorbing hemi-circular surround "fence" to kill sounds from behind and to the sides of your mic. I built one out of old drapes which stands about 5' high and can be set up in my work area when needed. On the other hand, if you are streaming a live program and can't be bothered with "setups" and/or if you need a clean, neat setup which will be seen by an online audience, then all the prior conversation is moot. At any rate, you will get the best audio by using a cardioid (even hyper-cardioid) mic. The closer you can keep it to your mouth, the greater will be the signal-to-noise ratio (difference) between what you want to hear and what you don't want to hear. Using the mic 2 inches from your mouth will make your voice twice as loud as using the mic 4 inches from your mouth. Ditto for 1 inch versus 2 inches.

GG441

Post by GG441 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:49 am

You may try Blue Yeti X
Its Polar patterns: Cardioid, Bidirectional, Omnidirectional, Stereo
Connectivity: USB
Frequency response: 20Hz-20,000Hz
That is really perfect for your apartment.