This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey microphones
musicexpress

sync up PV16 UHF HH

Post by musicexpress » Wed May 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Step by step walk me through sync up for PV16 UHF HH wireless mic

colliedogboy1

Re: sync up PV16 UHF HH

Post by colliedogboy1 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 pm

I don't have one, but am about to buy one. Does a manual not come with this mic? If so, then is it a confusing read? I have read some manuals that left me with more questions than answers.

musicexpress

Post by musicexpress » Thu May 11, 2017 2:05 pm

I have been able to sync up several of these,but each time, by what I would call an accident. I am just trying to find out a proper protocal to follow to do it.

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Thu May 11, 2017 2:40 pm

They sync using infared sensors, one on the front of the receiver, and one inside the battery door of the belt pack. On the hand held mic the sensor is on the side by the switch.

Just aim the sensor on the side of the mic (or the one inside the door on the belt pack) at the sensor on the receiver from about a foot or so away and hit the sync button.

That is all there is to it, but the sensors have to be lined up well enough to "see" each other.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

musicexpress

Post by musicexpress » Thu May 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks for the help.

When you turn the mic on the green light comes on and when you push the sync button on the receiver the loght on the mic turn to amber and the purple light on the receiver flashes purple. After the sync is completed the light on the receiver stops flashing and the light on the mic returns to green.
Everything wos working correctly for me excpt I had a defective receiver.

I really like the way these perform and they seem to be quite stable but just learning to sync them can be tricky. It would be nice if there was a little sheet in the box to exactly explain the procedure in a 1,2,3 step manner. I think this would be of great benefit to the ultimate consumer rather than trying to find it on the cd that comes in the box as not everyone has a cd or cd rom player available and I can find nothing on you tube to tell how to do the process.

Just a little piece of paper can make a great difference.

Thank again for the help

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

So glad you posted this query. Roger's answer helped me out today. Just what I needed! Thank you both.