35XO Odd Speak3er cut-outs

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
RationalRabbit

35XO Odd Speak3er cut-outs

Post by RationalRabbit » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:40 am

I have been using this crossover system for some time. Although (due to lack of knowledge) it may not have been set up optimally, it has sounded good and have not experienced any problems - until now.

At a gig - quick last-minute sound check before starting - One side was not working at all. (Using a Peavy DS 1803 with a high-low separate inputs in-cab crossover, along with some 15" cabs for the mids) No time to troubleshoot, so did first set with only one side working. At break, I noticed - on the side that was not working - the mid cable had been disconnected speaker-side. Reconnecting made no difference. Suddenly, the other side went out - both cabs. All amps on. The monitor amp is still working. Connected the monitor amp to the normal jack on the DS 1803 to finish the gig.

Next day - back in the studio:
Channel 1 feeds working - only highs working on Channel two. Troubleshooting provided no results.
Switched all three speaker outputs. now both sides working okay. (Switched ch1 to ch2, ch2 to ch1)
I am completely perplexed.

SYSTEM

Peavy 35XO crossover (stereo mode)
Master gain set at 3 o'clock / Mid Lows 400 / Mid Highs 300 x10 / Low, Mid and High gains set to 3 o'clock
Amps - Highs Crown XLS 1502 / Mids Crown XLi 800 / Lows Crown 2502
Cabinets - Peavy DS 1803 - The 1803 has inputs for "Normal" or a set of two inputs labeled "High" and "Low". Highs go into a dual set of horns. Low speakers are 18"
I'm running the mids through a couple of 15" speakers in what could be called custom cabs, with a 15 and a horn.
The board is a Mackie ProFX16V3

The puzzling thing is that all is working fine since I switched the speaker outs. I haven't tried switching back.
Seeing that full sides went out at the gig and both mids and lows on one side at the studio, problem has to be either in the Board or the crossover, and I really don't know which, except that I tested the board outputs directly and there seems to be no problem there.