Peavey pa-400

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
casper27292

Peavey pa-400

Post by casper27292 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:18 am

Does anyone have a link to a user guide on how to properly hook up, etc the PA-400 system, I just had one given to me, I am a beginner guitar player learning, and there is a lot I don't know or am not sure of, from what I have seen so far, it seems to be a vintage pa system, My plan was to get it all hooked up together for adjustments on my sounds of playing a electric guitar, My neighbor had just given me some stuff he had that was given to him because he plays acoustic and had no use for it, so he gave me the Peavey pa-400, two 15" speaker cabinets with speakers, and the Boss GT-8 processor pedal, I would like to get it all hook ed together, any advice?
Thanks for any input, and please remember, I am a newbie, so don't roast me for not knowing, :roll: (It's ashamed i'd have to even say that)

Thanks again, James :D

dak

Re: Peavey pa-400

Post by dak » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:26 pm

I am sort of irritated since the Peavey main site appears to be down right now, but here is a deep link to the manual: https://assets.peavey.com/literature/ma ... epa400.pdf

An owners' manual including circuit diagrams: now that's what I call professional courtesy!

Also must be quite dated: all power transistors are NPN (with the negative rail using a Sziklai instead of a Darlington pair for the driver stage). I think it must have been sometime in the 80s that PNP power transistor availability became good enough to phase out that approach.