Transtube Fex 8 pin midi cable

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
Massiveattck999

Transtube Fex 8 pin midi cable

Post by Massiveattck999 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:39 pm

Hi all, does anyone know if the Sanpera 8pin midi cable is compatible with the Transtube Fex and PFC-10 controller?

JamesPaul

Re: Transtube Fex 8 pin midi cable

Post by JamesPaul » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:32 am

Specifically, I do not know. However, I do know the Sanpera cable is a fully populated 8 conductor cable. MIDI uses what - only 5 conductors? As long as the 3 unused jacks are not connected to anything internal to the devices, the Sanpera cable should work fine.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Massiveattck999

Post by Massiveattck999 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:17 pm

I want the pfc-10 to be powered up by the Transtube Fex, this is why I want to use the 8 pin cable

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:33 pm

Similarly, I know the Vypyrs power the Sanperas. This is the reason they need the fully populated 8 conductor cable. I don't know about the Transtube Fex. Can you take your DMM and check voltage on the Transtube Fex MIDI output jack?
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:48 pm

Massiveattck999 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:17 pm
I want the pfc-10 to be powered up by the Transtube Fex, this is why I want to use the 8 pin cable
An additional thought is Owner's Manuals for a couple of the models are available online. If you do not already have a manual, there may be information in these:

https://peavey.com/c/Archived-Manuals-T
James Paul's Peaveys