peavey hot foot distortion

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
mike3peavey

peavey hot foot distortion

Post by mike3peavey » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:21 pm

i'm looking to find out if the power supply my hot foot distortion id center neg. or pos. i have other peavey pedals and they all take the 3.5 pin-type jack. this pedal has a boss type jack.

VSW

Re: peavey hot foot distortion

Post by VSW » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Somebody has changed it. It originally came with the 3.5 jack. That's what mine has. Same as the rest of my Peavey pedals.

If they went to the trouble to swap it, I would assume that they made the polarity match the Boss standard. It makes no sense not to.

However, who knows what some unknown person did?

I would hook it to a guitar and amp, get everything ready, then try hooking the power up. (Being prepared for a quick disconnect, of course.) If you get normal distortion sounds, you're good to go.

If you get a loud screech, it's probably backwards. (I got some of the Boss to 3.5mm adapter cables that were wired up backwards from the factory once. :shock: )

Good luck, and let us know how everything goes.
Vaughan

mike3peavey

Post by mike3peavey » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 pm

tried your suggestion and everything worked just fine. i was a little leary to assume the pedal was neg. ground as the dist. pedals are kinda rare and i don't want to destroy it first time out. thanks!

VSW

Post by VSW » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:28 pm

Great! Enjoy it. All the Peavey pedals like that are great pedals.
Vaughan