DDL-3 power supply

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
Jeffytune

DDL-3 power supply

Post by Jeffytune » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi all,
I have an old Peavey DDL-3 pedal, but I do not have an A/C power adapter for it.
I know the chances of the part department having one in stock are slim to non existent (But if you do have one, I'll take it).

I would like to know the spects (Power voltage and amp requirements) and the size of the tip and if it is positive or negative tipped.

This way I cane find or modifies one to work.

Thanks,
JT
I'm Just Sayin'.......

JT

VSW

Re: DDL-3 power supply

Post by VSW » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:05 pm

I've got a few of those old Peavey pedals. Good pedals. As far as I know, they AC adapters haven't been available for years. However, it's not a big deal. All you need is an adapter like the one in the image below:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4FQAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

They are easy to find, I chose this image because it has the polarity marked for each end. The Peavey pedals, as well as the older and more common Electro-Harmonix (EH) and DOD, use a two-connector 3.5mm (⅛") connector like a mono version of the headphone jack on a phone. The tip is positive (+), while the center connector on the other end of the adapter (5.5mmx2.1/2.5mm) is negative (-).

The pedals are 9-volt and the amperage is minimal...low enough to run off a battery. All you need is a standard pedal power supply and one of the adapters.

Here is a link to the listing that put up the image I linked to above:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Postive- ... 20df92ae10

I chose them because the image is nicely labeled and they are a US located seller so you should get it from them quickly vs. ordering from China. Price is reasonable for a US seller, too. You can find plenty of options, including multiple packs from there.

One caveat, be sure to verify the polarity is really tip positive (+), use a multi meter. I got a batch once (don't remember who from) that were wired backwards.
Vaughan

Jeffytune

Post by Jeffytune » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 am

Thank you, I will order one up.
I'm Just Sayin'.......

JT

tele twister

Post by tele twister » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Jeffytune wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:37 pm
Hi all,
I have an old Peavey DDL-3 pedal, but I do not have an A/C power adapter for it.
I know the chances of the part department having one in stock are slim to non existent (But if you do have one, I'll take it).

I would like to know the spects (Power voltage and amp requirements) and the size of the tip and if it is positive or negative tipped.

This way I cane find or modifies one to work.

Thanks,
JT
Sorry, I just found this post.
The DDL-3 manual states the power consumption as 55-75mA. This will munch batteries :wink:

Also, the True Tone, 1 Spot, model C35, provides the connection that works perfectly on these vintage, positive tip units, with a typical modern day reversed polarity adapter.
But it's always safest to check for proper polarities (and voltage), before plugging into the pedal, as VSW mentioned.