tube fex no output

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
hotspuds

tube fex no output

Post by hotspuds » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:27 am

Hello all, I have a Tube Fex that the battery leaked out and messed up the board pretty bad. The unit turns on and I can do a hard reset, it then can scroll thru effects and it is seeing input, but has no output/very weak.

I do see that on the bottom of the board it looks like that powers up the output section (I think) , my question is, can this board be fixed or does it need a new board?

Are new boards even available?

Could it be more involved?

Can it be fixed if I send it to Peavey? What would be the max to fix it?

I had some guy look at it and charge me just to tell me he cant work on that board(surface mount) and that I should send it to Peavey....ya I wanna punch him in the face.

Thanks for your time

Dan

fenderonly

Re: tube fex no output

Post by fenderonly » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:34 am

When the battery leaks on the Tubefex it often destroys a trace that goes from the front to the back of the board near the corroded end of the battery. The circuit board may be repairable and may not. I would not hesitate to send it to Peavey in Meridian. I would not send it anywhere else. I have seen close to a 1000 Profex 2, Profex, Bassfex, Tubefex, Transtubfex and other Peavey devices through my shop (now retired). The Transtubefex and Tubefex boards require very special skill and knowledge to repair. There are no replacement boards at all available.

Ken Fox

nervykind

Re: tube fex no output

Post by nervykind » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:36 pm

Hi, it's an old post, but do you have a picture of the board that shows the trace?

Just received a unit that seems to power up properly, but without output :(
hotspuds wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:27 am
Hello all, I have a Tube Fex that the battery leaked out and messed up the board pretty bad. The unit turns on and I can do a hard reset, it then can scroll thru effects and it is seeing input, but has no output/very weak.
Hi, was your issue solved?