Peavey Decade

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
desertrip

Peavey Decade

Post by desertrip » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:06 am

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a pedal that has a distortion identical to a Peavey Decade, can anyone give me suggestions?

greetings

JamesPaul

Re: Peavey Decade

Post by JamesPaul » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:46 pm

You are likely looking for Jason Moser, owner of R3D electronics.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/st-vin ... -amp-pedal
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

desertrip

Post by desertrip » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:11 am

thanks for the information..I believe it was not marketed..at least yet..

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:16 pm

Only my opinion, but it will likely never be a marketed as standard production. There is not enough demand. You will need to contact Jason and have him make one for you.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

desertrip

Post by desertrip » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:22 am

Thanks JamesPaul, i tried to do this but i couldn't find Jason Moser's contact anywhere..if anyone has any info from your email please let me know..

KirkD777

Post by KirkD777 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:57 am

So I'm assuming you're going for the Homme sound. The pedal hasn't been made yet but I think it's important to state that Josh never used the Decade live. He only used the amp in the studio so if you want to nail the Homme tone live I've linked a video. The Decade studio sound is a product of the saturation circuit and the small speaker. If you're looking for a less expensive alternative to a Decade the 80s Audition amp is supposedly the same circuit just a little louder. Here is the way to get the sound live. Also, there is another video by the same guy that shows the trick using other amps. I have an Orange Micro Terror and it nails the sound with the SD-1,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCg89EqErE&t=91s

KirkD777

Post by KirkD777 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:12 pm

Go to 27:20 on this to hear the Decade as a bass amp. This video was originally taken down until the Homme/Ronson video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ClbKfV ... oK3lEoquX0

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:44 pm

desertrip wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:22 am
Thanks JamesPaul, i tried to do this but i couldn't find Jason Moser's contact anywhere..if anyone has any info from your email please let me know..
I heard through the grapevine that Acorn Amps is trying to make a pedal inspired by the Decade. Who knows how true the rumors are, or how close it will sound, but do some searching and please report back with your findings. For now, I'll just rely on my Decade if I should need Josh Homme sounds.
James Paul's Peaveys

desertrip

Post by desertrip » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:46 pm

Hi JamesPaul, Acorn Amps made a pedal based on Decade..I contacted them to find out if they send the pedal to my country (Portugal), but unfortunately they don't although they hope to have a representative soon (in Europe)..
Are you from the United States?..do you happen to know of stores there that are representatives of Acron Amps?..I ask because maybe I could find a representative store of the brand there that made shipments to Europe and so I could buy..

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:17 pm

desertrip wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:46 pm
Hi JamesPaul, Acorn Amps made a pedal based on Decade..I contacted them to find out if they send the pedal to my country (Portugal), but unfortunately they don't although they hope to have a representative soon (in Europe)..
Are you from the United States?..do you happen to know of stores there that are representatives of Acron Amps?..I ask because maybe I could find a representative store of the brand there that made shipments to Europe and so I could buy..
I am in the United States. It appears that currently, Acorn Amps only have their own store. I will send you a PM.
James Paul's Peaveys