SubWoofer hookup HELP

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
spinj56

SubWoofer hookup HELP

Post by spinj56 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:39 am

Help Please... I have a Peavey PVi-6500 mixer. Used for music playback at family events and light DJ playing at outdoor events. Can someone tell me how to wire in a SUBWOOFER cabinet to this unit. Also will i need a POWERED or PASSIVE Sub.

Thank you all....JS Boston Ma

Dookie

Re: SubWoofer hookup HELP

Post by Dookie » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:06 pm

spinj56 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:39 am
Help Please... I have a Peavey PVi-6500 mixer. Used for music playback at family events and light DJ playing at outdoor events. Can someone tell me how to wire in a SUBWOOFER cabinet to this unit. Also will i need a POWERED or PASSIVE Sub.

Thank you all....JS Boston M
I'm guessing you are using the power amps inside for your main speakers/monitors? Not sure what you are using as Main Speakers, but you can go out the "Main Mix to Ext Amp" out and go to a powered Subwoofer. Looking at the manual it looks like this output is not balanced so you may want to have the sub closer than 30 feet or so away from the mixer. You will need a 1/4 inch male to XLR female adaptor to do this if the powered sub you purchase doesn't have 1/4 inch inputs. If you're using this output for recording or something else the PV 118D Powered subwoofer takes Speaker Level input as well as the output from your "Main Mix to EXT Amp" going into it's Male XLR input. You would go out of one of your current main speakers and go into the subs speaker level in. Then use the subs "Level" control to match the top to the sub in output.

https://peavey.com/ItemFiles/Manual/116926_8992.pdf
sub.JPG
sub.JPG (43.65 KiB) Viewed 1812 times

spinj56

Re: SubWoofer hookup HELP

Post by spinj56 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:52 am

Man thanks for the help, Im ready now..Thank You ....JS