Peavey PT10AT

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Duffy

Peavey PT10AT

Post by Duffy » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:23 am

I am new at this so bear with me. I purchased the Peavey PT10at mixer. My question how would I set this unit up for stage us. I am useing a five piece band with two singers. When useing the autotune for the singers, does the unit need an instrument going into it as to set the key for which the singers are singing in? Other words does the Peavey PT 10AT need something so it knows what key we are in. I understand how to set the key on the Peavey mixer but if I just use the unit for autotune will it work without any music going into it? Thank you

Bartman

Re: Peavey PT10AT

Post by Bartman » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:13 am

No, autotune works on whatever the signal is being put to it, in this case, the singer's voice. It will either raise or lower the pitch to whatever frequency is closest in key. For example, if the singer is trying to sing an A note (at 440 Hz) but is a little off, such as singing about 430 Hz, then it will pitch up just a little to make the output 440 Hz. But, if the singer starts drifting even further lower, say around 410 Hz, then the autotune will snap down to 392 Hz for a G note, regardless what the instruments are doing.