Peavey FX 16 Channel

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
tseay

Peavey FX 16 Channel

Post by tseay » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:11 am

I am looking for some assistance with getting audio out from the mixer/soundboard for our worship service livestream.

I am currently using a Left/Right splitter to 3.5mm cord from the "record output jacks" on the back of the mixer/soundboard. This 3.5mm cord is plugged into the video camera "mic in" of the video camera that we are using for the livestream.

The audio from the mixer/soundboard is heard on the livestream but the issue that I am continuing to have is the audio from our "space mic" (to record the congregation singing) is bleeding over back into the auditorium and creating feedback.

How can I increase the audio out from the "space mic" to be able to hear it in on the livestream but not have it bleed over into the auditorium and cause feedback?

Thanks
TIM

Stryker57

Re: Peavey FX 16 Channel

Post by Stryker57 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:11 pm

just curious could you use one of the many outs rather then the record output jacks so you could adjust in how much you want to that line out and it effect nothing else? I believe the record out jack just sends whatever you are running into the main L/R channel.

now its been awhile since i used ours (like 8 years) but i believe you can get 8-10 different mixes if your creative , and 6 easily if your not. in short you could use one of the aux busses (2 if you want stereo) or use a monitor bus and turn in the amount from each channel you desire.

we used to run our band with 3 monitors / mains and record 6 separate mixes into a yamaha recorder . however i can not see what all buses you are running and how you are running them . there is just a few buttons, knobs and switches that have to be set properly. .. but it should be possible for you to give your video its own special mix .

the greatest feature of the FX series (other then the mic preamps) in my opinion was the versatility of aux channels and buses . once you learned the board you really had alot of options with your signals and outputs.

tseay

Post by tseay » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:38 pm

Thanks Stryker57...I am just struggling to find the balance with all of the mics and our livestream feed.

We want to hear the song leader in the auditorium during services but also increase the space mic volume on the livestream with no feedback in the auditorium. I have pulled the song leader mic down enough that the space mic can be heard on the livestream but then the song leader is not loud enough in the auditorium.

We also use a podium mic and and the preacher uses a behind-the-ear wireless mic. These 2 mics are used at separate times but the wireless handheld mic for the song leader and the auditorium space mic are used at the same time. Sometimes we will have 2 song leaders singing at the same time and require a 2nd handheld mic.

I do see where the group outputs, L/R outputs and AUX 1-6 outputs would work. I will work on those and see what I can get to work.

Thanks again.

Stryker57

Post by Stryker57 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:44 pm

no problem , i am sure if you can dedicate 1 aux to your recorder you'll get it dialed in just fine. and anytime u need to adjust a level on it you should be able to with out effecting a bunch of other stuff.