Bleeding/Spill/Crosstalk

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
iamfranch

Bleeding/Spill/Crosstalk

Post by iamfranch » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:10 pm

I'm using a PV6 USB Mixer, I've had it for years. I've used it with multiple computers, headphones, and microphones. But no matter what my tracks always bleed through and I can't find an answer anywhere :( It doesn't matter how low I turn my inputs or headphones or master level. It doesn't matter which buttons I have pressed/unpressed, nothing seems to stop the tracks from spilling onto the next. And the thing is I'm not even doing much. It's always the same, I load an instrumental track to my DAW (and I've used everything from Audacity to Pro Tools) and I add a vocal track to record, that's it. I know the headphones aren't leaking into the mic because the instrumental only bleeds when I'm singing into the mic. I've experimented and stopped singing/talking on and off through a verse and when I'd play my recording back, the beat only bleeds through when I'm singing, the parts where I stopped talking for a few seconds had no bleed through even though the beat was still going, but when I'd sing again I could hear the beat in my vocals. Someone please make this make sense for me. I've search and searched for answers and I'm almost ready to give up :cry:

PS. I attached a pic to show what I mean by the track doesn't bleed when I'm not singing (if that helps at all)
ptbleed.png
ptbleed.png (39.7 KiB) Viewed 2338 times

Enzo

Re: Bleeding/Spill/Crosstalk

Post by Enzo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:51 pm

I am not the guy to ask. Only thing comes to my mind is somewhere something is not panned 100% to one side. Or an aux send is on or something similar.

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:49 am

iamfranch wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:10 pm
I'm using a PV6 USB Mixer, I've had it for years. I've used it with multiple computers, headphones, and microphones. But no matter what my tracks always bleed through and I can't find an answer anywhere :( It doesn't matter how low I turn my inputs or headphones or master level. It doesn't matter which buttons I have pressed/unpressed, nothing seems to stop the tracks from spilling onto the next. And the thing is I'm not even doing much. It's always the same, I load an instrumental track to my DAW (and I've used everything from Audacity to Pro Tools) and I add a vocal track to record, that's it. I know the headphones aren't leaking into the mic because the instrumental only bleeds when I'm singing into the mic. I've experimented and stopped singing/talking on and off through a verse and when I'd play my recording back, the beat only bleeds through when I'm singing, the parts where I stopped talking for a few seconds had no bleed through even though the beat was still going, but when I'd sing again I could hear the beat in my vocals. Someone please make this make sense for me. I've search and searched for answers and I'm almost ready to give up :cry:

PS. I attached a pic to show what I mean by the track doesn't bleed when I'm not singing (if that helps at all)ptbleed.png
I don't see your vocal bleeding into the stereo track or the other way around. Although I can't expand the tracks to really tell and it's a small photo. Are you monitoring the mix down in from the PV6 or DAW? You mute the other tracks when you listen to playback through the PV6? Could you host the tracks somewhere so we can hear them?

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:56 am

One other thought is to record a vocal into the PV6 and have the break free trac channel "on to record" but don't have the track playing into the PV6. See if the vocal is still bleeding into the break free track channel. Maybe the PV6 has poor cross talk channel separation?

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:36 am

Hell-o ; If you haven't already discovered the pv board are only two tract. not multi. i think it is also possible that you may be creating a loop if you are going mixer-daw=mixer. hope you get it going. :arrow:
Dano0369