PV 6BT Reverb not going to main output

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
nodehopper

PV 6BT Reverb not going to main output

Post by nodehopper » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:18 pm

Just got a new Peavey BT6 mixer and so far everything is working well except.... LOL!

I have 2 microphones going in... both using XLR input. These are then going output main 1/4" into my computer. Then into OBS studio for recording me playing guitar and singing with hopes to start livestreaming soon. I bought this specifically because I wanted the mixer hardware to handle reverb. So everything is working and I'm getting good audio into OBS, but I don't get any of the mixer's reverb in the audio. If I plug in headphones there is reverb and it adjusts in time etc. The channel EFX adjustment works adding or subtracting the reverb in headphones, but nothing in main output. So reverb is working, but is not going out through the main out.

I've read and re-read the manual, but maybe I am missing something?

Thanks in advance if someone can tell me how stupid I am for missing something really obvious!

Stephen

Bartman

Re: PV 6BT Reverb not going to main output

Post by Bartman » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:38 am

Just to be sure, the EFX master knob is turned up?

nodehopper

Re: PV 6BT Reverb not going to main output

Post by nodehopper » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 pm

Well I have a huge blob of mud all over my face... hopefully it is mud and not something a cow left in the pasture. In OBS I re-created all my inputs and low and behold there is reverb in the main out channel ... Thank you guys for all the help! I should have known it would be software. It is almost never hardware, which is why I specifically wanted a hardware solution for reverb.