PV AT14 - Very low sound from microphones

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
swaseysd

PV AT14 - Very low sound from microphones

Post by swaseysd » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:37 pm

I just received a new Peavey PV-14AT USB mixer after using a Behringer X1222 USB mixer for the last two years or so.

All I do is record karaoke videos using either NCH Debut or OBS. I never had any problems recording with the Behringer. I just wanted the PV-14AT for the Auto Tune feature.

I connected all my devices, including four microphones, a cassette player, CD player, VCR and my TV. The sound output from all devices is fine when I am just listening. However, shen I try to record a song, the music itself records at the proper level just like it did with my Behringer mixer. But the volume on the microphone is very, very low. It doesn't matter which of my four microphones I use nor how high I have the gain or the individual microphone volume set, the volume on my voice itself is very, very low to the point that the music drowns out my voice.

When I look at the db levels during recording, the desktop audio is far to the right where it should be, but the mic audio is well below half even though I have the setting at 100% and the desktop audio at only 75%.

The user's manual doesn't do me much good as all it does is describe the various buttons and knobs.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or perhaps there's just some button I have to press. It just doesn't seem logical that the db level on the microphones would be that much lower than the desktop audio.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Steve Swasey