Peavey 5300 no sound output.

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Chaffeekid

Peavey 5300 no sound output.

Post by Chaffeekid » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:20 pm

So got this little 5300 5 channel Powered mixer, it powers on, no sound output from the speakers.

Yes, I have checked level controls etc., what I did notice on channel 3 and 4 patting the mike shows the first and second LED on the amplifier level control, but nothing from the speakers. I have monitor speakers 4 OHM plugged into each amp, these are passive monitor speakers. I suspect the output transistors. Waiting for a schematic from Peavey customer support.
Thanks all.

Enzo

Re: Peavey 5300 no sound output.

Post by Enzo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:16 am

Make sure MUTE button is not pressed.

The speaker outputs have separate amps, so it seems unlikely both have the exact same bad transistors.

Lower right corner is MAIN MIX out jack. RUn a cord from there to some other amp - any kind of amp - and see if sound results.

I have no idea what is inside the amp, there could be power supply fuses. Also I would wager in this day and age that your two amps are probably chip amps.

Chaffeekid

Post by Chaffeekid » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:42 am

Hey Enzo, Ran the patch cord from the Main Mix on the 5300 to a guitar amp input. Yes there is sound on AMP 2, AMP 1 nothing.

Checked both power supply chips, both are working, plus 14.89 volt and a tad over -15 volts on the 7915.

Doesn't blow any fuses. internal fuses are good as is the main power fuse

Waiting for the schematic from Peavey, may have to send this board back to peavey as they are surface mount for the most part.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:40 am

Fair enough. However I referred to power amp chips, not power supply chips. You can see inside, I can't, but are the two power amps the IC type rather than individual power transistors? The two 15v supplies would be for the preamp (mixer section) The power amps run on some higher voltage.

Are there no authorized Peavey repair shops near you? I was one for 30 years or so, they had a whole system of them around the country.

Chaffeekid

Post by Chaffeekid » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:43 pm

I have looked all over this Board and I can't find anything that looks like an output chip or transistor. No schematic from Peavey yet for the 5300. Was going to post some pictures but don't have one of those offsite picture places unless iCloud would work?

VSW

Post by VSW » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:16 pm

You should be able to upload photos directly to the Peavey Forum. When you get to the "POST A REPLY" window, click on the "Attachments" tab below the text window. Then click the "Add files" button, navigate to the image, choose it, and upload. Or you can drag images and drop them into the message box.

That's the process I used to upload the screenshot with the arrow showing the Attachments tab below:
Attachments
Attachments_Tab.jpg
Attachments_Tab.jpg (94.65 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
Vaughan