Peavey FX Downgrade

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Djdanny1985

Peavey FX Downgrade

Post by Djdanny1985 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Ok few Issues, firstly I couldn't get my Peavey FX to read ANY usb.

I managed to connect Via cable and update to Version 1.31b 3

Now the board will not load back into update mode when the left wheel is pressed? I'm trying to downgrade to v1.30

Anyone else experienced this?

jim h

Re: Peavey FX Downgrade

Post by jim h » Tue May 04, 2021 9:05 am

It's not surprising that you can't get it to read any USB drives, the FX mixer was originally designed in about 2003 when Windows XP was first being announced. At the time, common jump drives were 64Mb or smaller. With the beta firmware update, we were able to get it to work with some 2Gb and even some 4Gb sticks. The problem is, the sticks and compatibility are very hardware specific. The mixer literally had to be programmed to work with every version of USB thumb drive hardware. We quit updating the FX mixer in 2011...I doubt you'll be able to find any USB sticks that are 10 year old hardware being sold today. I have a list of drives we got working and you may be able to find some of them on Ebay. No guarantees...but probably worth a shot.

2Gb Sandisk Cruzer
1Gb PNY Attache

There are a few others on the list, but these are the more popular options.

Now about your original problem, no, I've never seen this. I can tell you, all of the beta releases were strictly done for USB drive compatibility. We quit support before we could make an official release, but I've never heard of any problems with the version you're using.

Hope that helps.
Jim