Aureus mixer dropping inputs?

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
NH2MS

Post by NH2MS » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi,

Have a Aureus mixer that we bought and installed at my church when they first came out. Very excited that this product hit the market, it is indeed a sweet spot on price, features,and performance.

I have a new issues that seems to have started after the last firmware update, some of the xlr inputs are getting dropped. This has happened on our clavinova piano connected through a DI box, and now two different wireless mics. The devices are working fine, just lose connection through the mixer, seems to happen after sitting idle for a while.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by NH2MS on Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NH2MS

Post by NH2MS » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:43 am

Hi forum!

Has anyone had any trouble with Aureus mixer dropping inputs? On three different channels so far we have had our digital piano, and two microphones lose connection to the main. The mics are wireless so I can tell that they are active, but nothing showing on the meter on the mixer. It is as if they are timing out. All these are on xlr inputs.

Any ideas or help for this?

It has not done it since new, but started acting up first with the piano, intermittently, now with microphones.

Tim
Stringer, MS
Last edited by NH2MS on Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SandMan_2021

Re: Aureus mixer dropping inputs?

Post by SandMan_2021 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:42 pm

NH2MS,

I am having the same issues with our new aureus board. We purchased new mics with it and I made sure they were on different frequencies as to not interfere with each other. But they randomly cut out.

I have found the fix (or a fix) is to cycle the phantom power (while muted to avoid the pop) and they work. But it's not a permanent one just a band aid.

Does anyone know what causes this and a possible fix?

Steviboy

Post by Steviboy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:27 am

My 1st Aureus was channel dropping as described,,,I got with tech support and they end up sending me a new replacement. THIS NEW ONE I DID NOT DO THE FIRMWERE UPGRADE and I have no problems with the channel dropping or acting funky...just a thought.

NH2MS

Post by NH2MS » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:32 pm

This post deserves and update. I'm happy to report that the fine folks in Peavey's QA department promptly handled my warranty repair situation by replacing my mixer with a tested refurb unit. They offered a new one, but those were at the time on backorder - like many imported items these days.

Steviboy

Post by Steviboy » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:49 am

Steviboy wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:27 am
My 1st Aureus was channel dropping as described,,,I got with tech support and they end up sending me a new replacement. THIS NEW ONE I DID NOT DO THE FIRMWERE UPGRADE and I have no problems with the channel dropping or acting funky...just a thought.
update...i was wrong..2 channels now drop out even with the firmware update...losing my mind