S-32® Sanctuary Series™: Help with USB audio into computer

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
pbandy95

S-32® Sanctuary Series™: Help with USB audio into computer

Post by pbandy95 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:31 am

Hello,

I am helping my church with our video + audio streaming setup. We have a Peavy Sanctuary Series S-32 mixer w/ USB input/output capabilities. What I am trying to do is get the master from the mixer to go to the computer so that I can stream audio from the mixer + video from our cameras. I connected a USB cable from the mixer into the computer and the computer recognized it as an input/output device (even showing as "Peavy Mixer"). However, whenever anyone talks into a mic or an instrument is used, the mixer shows signal and the monitors output audio, but the computer isn't receiving any signal when this is happening. I notice this because the dB meter in OBS Studio (a streaming app) & Windows shows the computer not picking up any audio from the mixer even though it is plugged in and set as the primary recording device in the audio settings within Windows.

I have the audio device added as an input in OBS studio so I can stream audio but it isn't picking anything up from the mixer. Can anyone help me with this issue? I read through the manual but can't seem to figure out why the computer isn't receiving audio from the mixer. https://assets.peavey.com/literature/ma ... 2_8646.pdf

Thank you,
Patrick.